Weight gain from Ramen noodles?

Options
Hello!
Before I get started I would like to say that I am currently maintaining my weight, which is why it is low.
Also, I do weigh daily because I like numbers.
Yesterday I weighed in at 102.4...but this morning I weighed 103.4

I didn't eat much yesterday...so I don't see how I could have gained this much.
The only thing I could put this on was the fact I ate ramen noodles yesterday, which is pretty high in sodium...
My question is do you gain weight after eat packaged ramen noodles?
Also...what would you blame my weight gain on?

Replies

• weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It's most likely water weight from your increased sodium intake (the ramen noodles) yesterday, and not fat. I wouldn't worry to much about it.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Water weight. .. you should stop weighing in daily if you're going to be bothered by a pound gain over a day span. I go up as much as 5 lbs in a day or two and all the way back down in as short of a time frame as a day, depending on exercise, sodium intake, bowel movements.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates wildly. I can bounce up and down 2-3 lbs every day. Use a site like Trendweight which uses math to smooth out the fluctuations and look for trends.
  • Wondergirll
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Also.. as others have said.. it does fluctuate and can be from the sodium. Good luck!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Ramen noodles are also full of sodium. Too much sodium = water retention.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    OP's sodium intake yesterday was in line with her recent sodium intake.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    h976DC32E
  • SAR4Life
    SAR4Life Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    the best advice that I have with ramen noodles is to only use half the packet of seasoning or none at all. I usually make my own spices in order to avoid using all of that salt packet. Sometimes I add bean sprouts or cilantro and it gives good quick flavor instead of just a ton of salt.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    h976DC32E

129015292730461704.jpg

Or poop.

Could be poop.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates up to 6 pounds a day. In the morning I am much lighter than at the end of the day, because food I eat has weight (mass) and I retain water. A full bladder can add weight and you will be lighter after you pee.

In short. You didn't gain a pound.
  • raasi123
    Options
    . One typical package of ramen noodles has 1,760 milligrams of sodium. The American Heart Association recommends that an average healthy adult consume no more than 1,500 milligrams daily. Track your sodium intake closely if ramen noodles are a part of your weight loss plan I think too one of the reasons is water retention. Check your weight regularly then come to any conclusion.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Btw, think about upping your protein. You should observe your macros a little better.