What I eat

Options
Ok to start with im a total nutrition mong, i don't know what a complex carb is or anything else to that matter. Now i know i want to be eating lots of fruit, veg, no processed foods etc etc.

Today the day before payday i have no decent food in the house (chose the wrong week to start a diet). I've just had a plate of everything i dont want to be eating and once payday comes im going to completely change how i shop. I'm feeling pretty crappy about what i ate but just wondered if in a diet sense it matters?

My daily target is 1740 now does it matter if i do that in say just chocolate or just celery? i know it would have health implications but if i stay under target would i still lose weight?

Replies

• SheaBdoll
    Options
    Calories are calories. If you consume 1740 cals. a day in junk you are still hitting your goal. HOWEVER, you are putting a ton of sugar and fat into your body. You won't function as well. You can have chocolate everyday but balance it with nutrient dense foods.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Ok to start with im a total nutrition mong, i don't know what a complex carb is or anything else to that matter. Now i know i want to be eating lots of fruit, veg, no processed foods etc etc.

Today the day before payday i have no decent food in the house (chose the wrong week to start a diet). I've just had a plate of everything i dont want to be eating and once payday comes im going to completely change how i shop. I'm feeling pretty crappy about what i ate but just wondered if in a diet sense it matters?

My daily target is 1740 now does it matter if i do that in say just chocolate or just celery? i know it would have health implications but if i stay under target would i still lose weight?

As long as you stay in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. Add good things like fruits and veggies to your diet, but you can still have the other things you like, just reduce the serving sizes so that you stay under your calorie goal.

The difference between simple and complex carbs is the process to break them down to simple sugars. Sugar itself is a simple carb, whole-grain bread is a complex carb.
    It's never the wrong time to start a lifestyle change.
  • barton6435
    barton6435 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thankyou Shea thats what i wanted to know, i only used chocolate as an extreme, just feeling alittle low today as everything i ate was all processed frozen food. Which will all go on payday