Doing the work but the pounds are staying

2»

Replies

• I just started back working out after a 5 month intermission and gained a lb. However I am not discouraged I figure it's muscle. I feel great and am continuing my journey 45 lb to loose. Just hang in there sounds like your looking good already.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    I just started back working out after a 5 month intermission and gained a lb. However I am not discouraged I figure it's muscle. I feel great and am continuing my journey 45 lb to loose. Just hang in there sounds like your looking good already.

Not likely that it's muscle. Most likely water weight being retained by your muscles because they do that when you work them.
  • I'd say you are losing fat but gaining lean muscle at the same time, hence the better clothes fit. Sometimes fat loss and lean muscle gain can cancel each other out on the scale. Keep doing what you're doing and things will work out just fine!
    Go get 'em!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    I'd say you are losing fat but gaining lean muscle at the same time, hence the better clothes fit. Sometimes fat loss and lean muscle gain can cancel each other out on the scale. Keep doing what you're doing and things will work out just fine!
    Go get 'em!
    No......just no....

3rd time, it's probably water weight for muscle repair. The body doesn't put that much muscle on that fast to affect the scale in 3 weeks, especially at a deficit.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    um why do you care what the scale says if everything else is pointing in the right direction????

This... the scale is just one measurement of change. It is not the be-all, end all of health.
    This.

If you choose to use the scale, remember that weight naturally fluctuates.

A tape measure is also another tool that is helpful.

Just remember the weight loss is not linear. It takes time for our bodies to change.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    You are building muscle! Muscle weights more than fat! Yay for muscle and tone!!

No muscle does not weight more than fat. It just takes up less space than fat. 1 pound of muscle and 1 pound of fat are both.....1 pound.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Be tougher with yourself...

Why do you feel the need to post such unproductive comments?
  • mccindy72

Probably because the poster doesn't understand the difference between accidental ignorance (such as not knowing about weighing food vs. measuring it) and laziness (as in not measuring at all). So the poster is making assumptions about OP.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member

Probably because the poster doesn't understand the difference between accidental ignorance (such as not knowing about weighing food vs. measuring it) and laziness (as in not measuring at all). So the poster is making assumptions about OP.

That's a good explanation, actually. :smile:
  • mccindy72

That's a good explanation, actually. :smile:

thanks! :happy: