35 lbs down (1/3 of the way there) pics

Options
FitFunTina
FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
This morning I hit 35 lbs of weight loss since Late April/Early May. On April 4 I had my beautiful baby girl, and the 35 lbs is AFTER the initial baby weight/water retention came off.

Months and months of sweat and tears. No magic pills, just hard work! In that time I started running for the first time ever and ran my first 5K in October. Afterwards I got sidelined for a month with bronchitis, and after some holiday/stress eating, I had to take off what I had gained in that time (and I've now surpassed!). I'm back to running and working out and tracking my calories. I'm actually a little more than 1/3 of the way there.

For those discouraged about their rate of weight loss - slow and steady wins the race as well! Over the past 8-9 months I have learned a lot about myself, overcome my mistakes, and pushed myself to do the possible! You don't need to lose 10 lbs a month to be a success! Get yourself healthy, physically and emotionally, and you WILL get there!

And now for some pics:

Here is me, immediately following birth (I had gotten up to 280 before birth):
20130421.jpg

In June, shortly after starting the process (~250 lbs here)
20130713.jpg

And this morning, at 219 lbs, wearing a size L t-shirt!
20140121.jpg

Next stop - the infamous ONE-derland!

Replies

• FitFunTina
    Options
    The last pic isn't showing up for me. Edit...I guess it's my computer. :P
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!

And... your precious baby girl was born on my birthday!!! :happy:
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Great work!! You can see such a big difference! :drinker:
  • hynaci
    hynaci Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! Keep up the good work.
  • glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    slow and steady is best. I just try to kepp to target for the week rather than for each day.
  • lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    great job! and you are so right, getting yourself healthy emotionally is just as important as getting yourself healthy physically. keep it up!!!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Your doing great !
  • Jcs4732
    Jcs4732 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you look so good ... great job ... what all did you do cuz im trying to lose weight now and its HARD
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Good job, well done :happy:
  • kikionna4
    kikionna4 Posts: 308
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • jweindruch
    jweindruch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Impressive!!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You're looking great and I'm sure will be setting a good example for that darling little girl! Keep up the wonderful new habits.
  • FitFunTina
    Options
    you look so good ... great job ... what all did you do cuz im trying to lose weight now and its HARD

I wish I had magical formula to share. In the beginning, I set higher calorie goals to get used to not eating as much food. I kind of eased my way back to it. Once I started working out, the food became easier. But I have also learned that the more I log (you can check my history, I'm sometimes a horrible logger with a lot of blanks), the more reflective the scale is.

Patience, determination, and trial and error have gotten me there. I don't set timelines for my weight goals. I just focus on making progress. Even slow progress like mine has gotten me results.

Also, having real life friends has helped to make me accountable. :)
  • FitFunTina
    Options
    And thanks everyone. :) your comments are very sweet. I look forward to showing more progress when it comes.
  • Relle3
    Relle3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look great! You even look younger! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13418731.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Way to go -- you definitely look younger, and soon that shirt will be an M!
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Great job. keep up the good work. You look awesome.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up!
  • FitFunTina
    Options
    Way to go -- you definitely look younger, and soon that shirt will be an M!

That's funny you should say that...when I originally got the shirt (there was a promo and it was free if you bought the CD), L was the only size that the shirt came in. I was very mad because I was wearing XL's at the time and when I did lose weight it fit but it was a lot more snug!! I haven't worn a M since high school maybe. My 13 yr old stepdaughter purged her closet a week ago and I held on to some of her M shirts that I liked...so I'll have some clothes when I get there! :D
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby and all the hard work paying off. It is definitely best to work on yourself both physically AND emotionally! Well done :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!