35 lbs. Down with Pics!

Options
I posted this elsewhere, and, although I am having trouble losing the last 5 lbs. of my FIRST goal weight target, I think I should be proud of what I've accomplished through adjusting portion sizes alone (no counting ANYTHING).

c4b866c2-468a-4a96-8053-14ffe9c72a50_zpsb1d55d91.jpg

The first pic is from St. Patrick's Day 2012. The last pics are from this past Christmas. I achieved a 35 lb. loss through diet ALONE. I breastfed my daughter until she was 18 months, then started dieting 2 months later, and I lost the first 20 lbs. within the first 6 months!

Now, I'm on to address the thigh/butt issues. Phase II: Weight training is ON, as of 12/24/13. :bigsmile:

(FYI: Hindsight being 20/20: I should have started weight training, when I started cutting back on food portions. At least, I did start it almost a month ago, and that's better than never, I suppose!)

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, and you have great body shape! Good luck with the lifting, and can't wait to see what happens now that you've added it.
  • ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You look great! Weight training is one of my favorite things to do. I recently started doing it again and I had forgotten how much I enjoy it. Instantly gives me a boost and makes me feel good about myself! Keep up the great work and good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • seattle_hd
    seattle_hd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look amazing. Nice to see someone with virtually the same goals and body shape. Very inspiring!
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I can see an amazing transformation!
  • ftballmom9296
    ftballmom9296 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I love that you just started cutting your portions. I know you are very happy about getting to your 1st goal and I know you will continue to do more and more to make your life better. Keep doing what you are doing it is working. And what a really cute doll baby you have there all the more reason to change your lifestyle for the better.
  • WannaBeThin87
    WannaBeThin87 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! I love that you lost weight by just eating smaller portions, I hate counting calories!!!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Based on another thread, I should note that the FIRST part of my weight loss efforts were via portion control. Then, I came to MFP to use the calorie counting/macro tracking functions. Calorie counting DOES work for most people. I just didn't start there. :wink:
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Beautiful work! You look wonderful and beautifully proportioned.
  • ItsJustRick
    Options
    :smile:

Fantastic!! Be proud of what you have accomplished, you have earned it.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I am excited to see what the next several months of lifting go for me!

On a side note, I think I may have posted this, before? (Too much partying in my 20's? lol!) :drinker: :ohwell:
  • GingerSarah0320
    GingerSarah0320 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! Very motivational. You'll love weight training :)
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    My stats, upon request:

I'm 5'2."
    SW: 163 lbs.
    CW: 130 lbs.
    GW: 125 lbs.
    UGW: 115 lbs.

Est. BF%: 28%
    GBF%: 20%

*I suppose that I'm actually 33 lbs. down. Still good, I think. :happy:
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great!!!
  • beccas27
    beccas27 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Congrats! U look awesome! And u are gorgeous BTW!
  • cabrerva
    cabrerva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You have my almost my exact starting weight and goal weight, congrats!!! it's amazing to see others achieve it!! Gives me motivation! :flowerforyou:
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments! It's boosting me towards my next "success story," in another year, or so! I'm equally glad my little success is inspiring for y'all, as well. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!