Fitbit Force Skin Irritation

Options
I was one of the unfortunate souls that got the bumpy, red, itchy rash from the Fitbit Force. I wore it for about a month before I developed the irritation and have since stopped wearing it. Apparently it could be from the traces of nickel in the band, but Fitbit says there isn't that much. Thankfully they're giving out refunds. Hopefully it won't take an arm and a leg to get that. I'm just a little irritated and disappointed because it was a great activity tracker, I don't think I'll go back to the Flex.
Read more here: http://www.today.com/health/fitbit-force-users-report-skin-rashes-device-2D11929574

My wrist:
126bc7c.jpg

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I read your post as Fitbit Foreskin Irritation!
  • _taylorlydia
    Options
    LOL freudian slip... :blushing:
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex (which I love) and my first armband broke after three months so I sent them an e-mail and they sent me a new one right away. I have heard a lot of people say that they have had great experiences with their customer service so hopefully they will take care of this without a problem.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options

hahaha... that sounds even more painful!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options

Sorry I don't wear mine there ...
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at getting the Force, it's sold out everywhere though. I'm wondering if there is anyone who's been wearing one that hasn't developed this rash.... I really want it, but on the other hand.... Rash's suck.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have had my Force since late November and pretty much wear it everyday with no issues. I love it. As someone said before, their customer service is great, so if you are the one of the people that that have an adverse reaction to it, return it. Also if you buy it at Best Buy, you can return it within 14 days, probaly to Fitbit directly beyond that. Most people don't have a reaction so the odds are in your favor.
  • ASN2615
    ASN2615 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since Christmas without any irritation. The onl problem I had was that the nband wouldn't stay on, but I soaked it in hot water to expand the holes a bit, and it hasn't fallen off since! Such a great motivational tool and I love how it syncs with MFP!!
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I got my Force for Christmas and wore it for a month with no issues at all. Then this past weekend I noticed a few red bumps on my wrist right under where the display was. I put some electrical tape over the back of it and put it on the other wrist. I'm putting a steroid hydrocortisone on the affected wrist. If it starts on my right wrist even with the tape on the back I will be returning it for a refund. There are TONS of people that this has happened to. Hopefully Fitbit figures out what the issue is and lets us all know about a fix for it soon.