Am I eating to little calories?

Options
I've been eating a mixture of healthy foods for the last week including some slim fast products, yet when I complete my diary for the day it always tells me I'm under eating and I will go into starvation mode! I try to eat close to 1000 calories a day as I need to lose 6 stone to be classed as a healthy weight. Is this to little and will I go into starvation mode?

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Yes your eating too little, you don't need to restrict yourself to lose weight.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as starvation mode.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The existence of starvation mode is questionable at best. However, unless you're a very petite woman, you probably don't need to eat that little to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Often when people deprive themselves that much, they'll lose control at some point and really overeat, then feel guilty when they've gained some weight back. I don't think it's worth it to go that low on calories, but it's your body and you have to do what works for you. Good luck.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1, hypothyroid, 30's and still need to lose 50 pounds. I net anywhere between 1400-1700 cals a day. Eat at a deficit, exercise, drink your water and you will lose and feel great!!!
  • NicoleRaeB
    NicoleRaeB Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm eating about 1100 calories a day and MFP keeps telling me I will go into starvation mode. But I've lost 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks and the reason I eat so little is because I'm not really hungry at times. However, I am doing a low carb diet and working out quit a bit. Maybe If you started eating a lot of fruit and vegetables you'll be up in the higher calorie count.