Losing Weight

Options
Hello Everyone :)

I have lost 10 pounds since I started using myfitnesspal....I put in my own custom calories, each time I have lost weight I changed my settings to reflect the weight loss, but then I go and manually change my calories instead of what MFP calculates for you. It is showing 0 pounds lost on my scale instead of 10, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Mary Ann

Replies

• Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone :)

I have lost 10 pounds since I started using myfitnesspal....I put in my own custom calories, each time I have lost weight I changed my settings to reflect the weight loss, but then I go and manually change my calories instead of what MFP calculates for you. It is showing 0 pounds lost on my scale instead of 10, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Mary Ann

try changing starting weight
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    Go back to "check in" and double check your previous weight entries.
  • Chase510
    Options
    Click above "my home."

Then click "check in" and "edit previous entries". Then you can edit your starting weight.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Where are you changing your calories? I do it under My Home>Goals to put in a custom calorie and macro goals. Are you changing yours under Settings>Update Fitness Profile? You may be resetting your starting weight there if you're doing it that way.
  • schoonma
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

I wasn't using the check-in button, just going to dietary settings and changing my weight there, where it was restarting my weight at whatever I was inputing. Guess I'll just know I've lost 10 pounds and start from here.

Thank you :)

Mary Ann
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

I wasn't using the check-in button, just going to dietary settings and changing my weight there, where it was restarting my weight at whatever I was inputing. Guess I'll just know I've lost 10 pounds and start from here.

Thank you :)

Mary Ann

We will remember and give you credit. :bigsmile:
  • schoonma
    Options
    awww....thanks :)

Still have a LOT to go though....

Take care!
    Mary Ann
  • schoonma
    Options
    Okay....I have been using the "check-in" button as I am down another 3 pounds but my scale, the one below your profile, is still showing 0 pounds lost :( I have lost 13 pounds altogether...

Any other suggestions? Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Mary Ann
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    Okay....I have been using the "check-in" button as I am down another 3 pounds but my scale, the one below your profile, is still showing 0 pounds lost :( I have lost 13 pounds altogether...

Any other suggestions? Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Mary Ann
    When you go to "Check in" scroll to the bottom, click "edit previous entries" Check your past weight entries - especially your starting weight. No "loss" will show until you are below your original start weight - when you very first joined MFP.

Here's the direct link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/edit
  • schoonma
    Options
    Thank you! I finally got it to reflect my weight loss :)