I DID IT! And didn't count a single calorie... (PICS)

Options

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Ha. I knew some self righteous internet dweller would find something to snark about here
    Luckily it says more about you than me
    Cheers

Actually......

Coming into a Internet forum created specifically for people that are counting calories to lose weight to say "Nyah Nyah, I didn't count any calories and look at how great I look" sort of makes you the self righteous Internet dweller.

You look great, and how you lost weight is your choice, but for people that have more than 8-10 pounds to lose, counting calories is a proven method that has worked in case after case after case.

*DING DING DING*

This is pretty much what you did with this post, OP

neener-neener-o.gif

ETA: you do look great, OP, and congrats on your success. You achieved it the same way as the rest of us: a calorie deficit. You just happened to not count yours.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Ha. I knew some self righteous internet dweller would find something to snark about here
    Luckily it says more about you than me
    Cheers

Actually......

Coming into a Internet forum created specifically for people that are counting calories to lose weight to say "Nyah Nyah, I didn't count any calories and look at how great I look" sort of makes you the self righteous Internet dweller.

^^This x1000^^

QFT.

x2

x3
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, but I have to say that counting calories is far less stressful and difficult than putting such rigid restrictions on the foods I am allowed to eat. congrats on your success.
  • walawender35
    Options
    Wow!!! Excellent job! This is amazing motivation thank you so much for sharing
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    WTG :-) You look really great.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You looked great before, but you look killer now! Congrats!
  • Not_Left_Handed
    Not_Left_Handed Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I agree with what some of the posters said about some people need to count calories that have more to lose - you didn't have that much to lose in the first place, not to mention your age - you're 22 - your metabolism is far better than those of us in our 40's, etc. Not discrediting what you did because you chose healthy options overall and that is afterall what we're here for and how we would like to live our lives for the most part so congrats to you for achieving your goal.
  • jborski21
    jborski21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! It is not only about numbers on the scale, but it is also about getting healthier and stronger- and you look fabulous!!! GIves me some more motivation to keep working towards my goal (although I have a lot more to lose to reach my goal, and I need to count calories to stay on track!)
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    In...

...for a later discussion about the "didn't count a single calorie" part...

...but first, I'm going to the WW forums to see if anyone found success without counting a single point...and the keto forums for those who did it while eating tons of carbs...and the crossfit forums for those who worked out in a Planet Fitness...

I don't know about that...It's "Myfitnesspal," not "Mycaloriecountingpal." Although, I've used this site primarily to count calories (to no avail...apparently, I can't count. haha!), I'm now using it for weight training advice. I guess, I need to go to Bodybuilding.com, if I want to be totally in sync with the entire community? :wink:

(I DO recognize that you were making a joke, btw. I'm not offended, at all.) :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Caveat. No.
  • thinin2014now
    Options
    Hey guys. Hey. Look at me. I SAID LOOK AT ME! :mad: No fighting. This is suppose to be a supportive community. We're suppose to lift each other up and inspire, not kick each other in the shins. If someone set out to lose weight, and they've lost it...Why not just congratulate them. For those who have lost weight and those who are working on losing weight now, you know how hard it is. So why give someone a hard time who set and met their goal.

Count calories, don't count calories. At the end of the day, a pound lost is a pound lost. I congratulate and applaud anyone and everyone who is working towards their goal or has met their goal. Cheers! :drinker:
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Hey. Look at me. I SAID LOOK AT ME! :mad: No fighting. This is suppose to be a supportive community. We're suppose to lift each other up and inspire, not kick each other in the shins. If someone set out to lose weight, and they've lost it...Why not just congratulate them. For those who have lost weight and those who are working on losing weight now, you know how hard it is. So why give someone a hard time who set and met their goal.

Count calories, don't count calories. At the end of the day, a pound lost is a pound lost. I congratulate and applaud anyone and everyone who is working towards their goal or has met their goal. Cheers! :drinker:

Sometimes people make threads here that predictably inspire negative feedback. This could be a standard rah rah thread, but for the added middle finger to the title. Have to assume there's a desire for drama.
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I see a dramatic difference! Good job!
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Sometimes people make threads here that predictably inspire negative feedback. This could be a standard rah rah thread, but for the added middle finger to the title. Have to assume there's a desire for drama.

I don't see it that way. She's just someone showing that there's many ways to lose weight, not just counting calories. If you ate well and listened to your body to know when you are full, you will lose weight. She didn't say counting calories was a bad thing. It just wasn't for her. Grow up people!!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    So much butt hurt.
  • eugovogue
    Options
    Nice job... and pretty figure too. What type of workouts did you do?

thanks!
    In the beginning I did pure cardio, so running and elliptical. About a month in I did less of that (because i find it mind numbing unless i'm in the mood) and did toning videos from the ladies at XHIT on youtube. So it's cardio in that in gets your heart rate up, but toning in that it focusing on mind to muscle connection. :) Now I do XHIT more than going to the gym because its infinitely more fun haha
  • KathrynCatlady
    KathrynCatlady Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can definitely see a difference... and I was cheering for you when you said you could finally get that skirt over your hips -- I know that feeling! Enjoy!
  • eugovogue
    Options
    So much butt hurt.

LOL I know. People get really upset when the way they've been doing things doesn't work for others and vice versa. I guess in this large large world with a diverse set of people there's only ONE way to do things, and how DARE you do it differently, because that automatically means you're rubbing it on.

Ha, whatever.
    People should expend more energy on their own lives rather than worrying about other peoples'
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Is Facebook broken?
  • dmschm2
    dmschm2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is fabulous, and I can see the difference, you look great. I am one of those people with a lot more to lose than that, but your accomplishment is TOTALLY worth celebrating! Bask in it, you deserve it, good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!