ATHLETES, LIFTERS, BODYBUILDERS!

Options
Yes we need MFP friends too! I need some like minded, SERIOUS people on my friend list. Just cleaned house with all mine since they were all severely inconsistent and fad dieters. I'm a former college athlete and personal trainer who is reclaiming his prior physique and performance. I'm from Texas and a US Navy veteran. Currently about 250lbs and +/- 18% cutting to a manageable BF percentage - about 10-12% at 220lbs or so. Please add for accountability/ideas/motivation!

Replies

• bitten2better
    bitten2better Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes we need MFP friends too! I need some like minded, SERIOUS people on my friend list. Just cleaned house with all mine since they were all severely inconsistent and fad dieters. I'm a former college athlete and personal trainer who is reclaiming his prior physique and performance. I'm from Texas and a US Navy veteran. Currently about 250lbs and +/- 18% cutting to a manageable BF percentage - about 10-12% at 220lbs or so. Please add for accountability/ideas/motivation!

Sending an add your way! I'm originally a Michigan girl, but currently residing in Kentucky. I'm a former collegiate rugby player and work as a Certified Athletic Trainer at a small college. I'm battling back after 2 years in a row of leg surgeries, but still have that athlete mentality!
  • BigWin20
    BigWin20 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You never really lose that mentality, nor should you! Thanks for the response! (Dang girl - that's an incision! Holy crap!)
  • bitten2better
    bitten2better Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You never really lose that mentality, nor should you! Thanks for the response! (Dang girl - that's an incision! Holy crap!)

Hahaha, thanks! That one is compliments of being on the wrong side of a copperhead bite. I made a post this morning to vent my way through it if your interested (I spared the gory details though)...
  • BigWin20
    Options
    What a story! Always helps to have a kick *kitten* story to go with a scar, you know? But now my scars from my shoulder surgery don't look so impressive! Lol! Glad to have added you as a friend!
  • liltxgrl4e
    liltxgrl4e Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been involved in different sports throughout school. I'm not a trainer body builder or nutritionist,but I'm into lifting and getting stong. I decided to use my fitness pal to monitor my macronutrients. I've been back at the gym since October and have lost body fat and moved up in weights. I love to connect to others who are into motivating and providing support for others while getting stronger themselves! #beastmode!! :) if any of you are on Instagram, I'm also on there at @jbcustomfab. Looking forward to chatting with the like minded!
  • BigWin20
    Options
    No need to be any of those things professionally. The most imprtant thing is that you ask questions from more knowledgeable people (there is ALWAYS someone that knows more and/or has different experiences), stay away from any "magic bullets", fad diets, silly fitness products/routines/videos. Lift. Try and always give good advice. And be consistent and give it 100%! You seem like you meet all those criteria! Thanks for the request!
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Former AF here - boxed in college at 145 - now at 200 and holding steady. I like lifting and working out, but seem to be stuck. The weight was so much easier to take off when I was younger. Be happy to hear some tips/advice.
  • BigWin20
    Options
    Haha I hear you on that. It was a lot easier to stay in shape 15-20 yrs ago for sure. Message me and tell me what you do for exercise, how many times per week, how many calories you average, and for how long you've been doing these things CONSISTENTLY. I'll do my best to give you some direction.
  • liltxgrl4e
    liltxgrl4e Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No need to be any of those things professionally. The most imprtant thing is that you ask questions from more knowledgeable people (there is ALWAYS someone that knows more and/or has different experiences), stay away from any "magic bullets", fad diets, silly fitness products/routines/videos. Lift. Try and always give good advice. And be consistent and give it 100%! You seem like you meet all those criteria! Thanks for the request!
    yeah it definitely took some time to realize dieting is not the awsner. But having the right food is! like i tell other women.... "do not be afraid of weights!" :)