I am so excited...(Running Related)

Options
2»

Replies

• turboandrea
    Options
    I know a few people who run with Vibrams and easing into barefoot running has allowed them to correct foot problems, such as plantar fasciitis, etc. I'm tempted to try them. You do have to get used to it and slowly work up your ability to run with them. It's like learning to walk/run in a completely new way. I've just heard great things though so it may be worth trying.

Personally, I have Nike Shox but I don't use them for running. I ended up going to the local running store and having them sort me out with a pair based on how I ran. I'm fairly confident they were Nike and they felt great for my half-marathon.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I used to be a Saucony girl and recently switched to Asics Gel Nimbus and love them!

I also recently purchased a pair of Vibrams and have been wearing them to workout in and building up to running in them.

Karen
  • ME02134
    Options
    I wear Mizuno Alchemys and love them! I also have insoles to keep my feet from moving so I can prevent blisters.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I run in Reebok Zig Techs....

Tried the 5 fingers and didnt like them that much

But I really want some Saucony Progrid Kinvara
  • doug2691
    Options
    Brooks Defyance 3 - I'm a high arched neutral runner..I like these shoes mostly because they were cheap ($65) I'm not married to any one shoe..but I do like these (I've had new balance, asics & nike prior)
  • seamaj01
    Options
    I have the Saucony pro grid 3's.. I love them. I had a pair last year that I just wore to work.. I need them for my ankle also. I wouldn't wear another pair of shoes after wearing Saucony's.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I really wish I was more educated on all of these shoes! I know that I'm neutral standing but pronate when I'm running. Does that make sense? I'm hoping the shoes help for sure. If I run in my sneakers, ouch. The last time I bought a pair of gym shoes they were from Kohl's on the clearence rack and my son threw one of them out the window while we were moving last summer. lol That is my history with running shoes...
  • erinup
    erinup Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Brooks Addiction fuel my addiction! I am a severe pronater and they straighten me out.
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    Mizuno Wave Alchemy ~ I'm a serious overpronator who can finally run pain free! :bigsmile: