Planning ahead keeps you on track

Options
Hi everyone. Small win for me tonight. I am having dinner with team from work tonight. Not wanting to damage what I've done so far, I went online and looked at the menu for the restaurant we are going to. There was no nutritional data for any item so I emailed them with a couple of the meals I would eat. They got back to me and glad they did because one was almost double the calories and fat content than the other. Now I can order with confidence that it fits into my new healthier lifestyle. :D

Small wins will make the difference.

Replies

• stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I'm so happy that you can find this info online often. It has helped save me from huge calories. I wasn't proactive last week & ate a 1200 calorie salad!! Yikes!
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I've been using an app called Healthy Out. You enter your dietary restrictions, low cal, low sodium, Atkins etc. It will then show you all the restaurants in your area which have items meeting your restrictions. You select the restaurant then browse the various options. Clicking on the food item brings up the cals, protein, carbs, sodium etc.

I've found it great when I haven't had a chance to get online and review the restaurant's menu ahead of time. Most chain restaurants are included but smaller mom and pop places won't be.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I've been using an app called Healthy Out. You enter your dietary restrictions, low cal, low sodium, Atkins etc. It will then show you all the restaurants in your area which have items meeting your restrictions. You select the restaurant then browse the various options. Clicking on the food item brings up the cals, protein, carbs, sodium etc.

I've found it great when I haven't had a chance to get online and review the restaurant's menu ahead of time. Most chain restaurants are included but smaller mom and pop places won't be.

Wow - never heard of that but it sounds great! Thanks for sharing!!
  • cfl68
    cfl68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Can't believe the calories of some salads. You try to make good food choices but realize how quickly it adds up if you're not watching.
  • kazzsjourney2goal
    kazzsjourney2goal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yep planning is definitely key :)
  • cfl68
    cfl68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    wow thanks :D I'll check that app out.
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Planning means success for me! When I don't plan, I mess up!