Beats....avoid beats....yuck

I think you mean beets.
    Beets are yummy.
    Turn my pee a funny color tho.
    Better than the smell asparagus adds to my pee
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    California has REALLY good fruit so I don't really think there's a worst or any that should be avoided. They pretty much have the best fruit in the country.

ETA: Oh, you said Calories. Just don't eat the ones you don't like.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    As a diabetic I avoid bananas! I eat tons of apples because they don't affect blood sugar levels like other fruits do.

I don't know why you would avoid fruits if you didn't have a medical purpose?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me which fruits & vegetable should be avoided and which should be consumed most often?
    I understand bananas and potatoes are the worst...any others?
    What are the best???

Some fruits have more fructose than others so you need to be careful of how much you eat of those fruits... keeping your sugar to 10 percent of your calories will solve that problem.

Fructose is NOT metabolized as glucose is and is converted to fat!

Joanne Moniz

I'm super glad to see you're back!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

I think you mean beets.
    Beets are yummy.

No, beats...
    monster-beats-solo-e3.jpg

lol. Thanks for clearing me up on my typo :) Just a brain fart though....
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I mean if I were to pick a fruit that would be of lesser value to cut out it would be fruits with lower micronutrient content and less fiber such as grapes or watermelon.. I mean both those fruits have micros and fiber but I would think it would be more optimal to eat berries, apples, bananas, oranges.
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for fruits high and low sugar you can google that. I fit the fruits and veggies in which includes potatoes. Sometimes my meal is a baked potato, with broccoli and cheese. You can read all kinds or articles about what 's good and what's not. If you have no medical issues, enjoy them and fit within your calories. I don't worry about the sugar in fruit because it a natural. I try to eat 3 fruits a day.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

I think you mean beets.
    Beets are yummy.

No, beats...
    monster-beats-solo-e3.jpg

lol. Thanks for clearing me up on my typo :) Just a brain fart though....

i would avoid those too....

marketing scheme.
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, do NOT eat lima beans. They are disgusting.

Any other fruit of veggie (barring a medical condition) is fine.

You take that back. Lima beans are amazing. I was a very strange child who only liked lima beans and broccoli for a while... my opinion probably shouldn't be trusted.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me which fruits & vegetable should be avoided and which should be consumed most often?
    What are the best???

Some fruits have more fructose than others so you need to be careful of how much you eat of those fruits... keeping your sugar to 10 percent of your calories will solve that problem.

Joanne Moniz

:huh:
    RIIIIIGHT.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,652 Member
    Options
    Assuming no medical conditions, allergies, intolerances, etc. any fruit or vegetable can be part of a healthy diet as long as it fits in your calories and macros.
    THIS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    What are the best???

Joanne Moniz

The queen of sugar fear strikes again!

OP, eat whatever fruit you like. Just make it fit into your daily nutrition goals.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,652 Member
    Options
    What are the best???

Joanne Moniz
    ANY sugar over consumed will turn to fat.:yawn: While fructose has the propensity to metabolize to fat IF the liver can't hold it, dosage is always going to be the culprit. If the liver is depleted of glycogen, then fructose will be converted to glucose like any other sugar.
    Again, over consumption is the issue.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You don't need to avoid any fruits or veggies! I eat small bananas, which are only 90 calories each. Also, potatoes are a cheap source of iron; I choose smaller ones (which are under 200 calories; I weigh them to figure calories out), bake them, and use them as the base of a meal, just topping with chicken, other veggies, and sauce. Avocado is high in calories, but 1/2 an ounce is only 25 calories and makes a great spread for toast or addition to a salad or sandwich.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can say here is to watch out how much dried fruits you eat - just because they are smaller doesn't mean you get to eat more - a cup of dried cranberries does not equal the same as a cup of fresh cranberries
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    What are the best???

Joanne Moniz

This is not true... it's converted into glucose by the liver.. Only exceed calories convert into fat.. having a banana won't make you fat.

OP, weight loss is about calories.. just eat fruits that meet your nutritional needs.
    Well said.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, love beets. Had some with dinner. But, I wouldn't even try them until I was in my 20s, discovered that I loved them, and now am so sad I had two decades of a beet-less existence.

I'm not a super fan of lima beans.
  • Shynique37
    Shynique37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

I think you mean beets.
    Beets are yummy.

Not the colorful pee!!! Cute!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, do NOT eat lima beans. They are disgusting.

Any other fruit of veggie (barring a medical condition) is fine.
    Lima beans are my favorite food in the world.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    A variety of fruits and vegetables is good for nutritional balance. I wouldn't avoid any of them....

C'mon, it's fruit. Think about this logically, in a big picture sense. Is any fruit really bad enough to necessitate avoiding it completely? I can understand avoiding trans fats, or fried food, or nutella, or even brownies....but FRUIT? nope nope nope.

Nutella? My heart just died.