46lbs to go...halfway there w/pics!!

Options
BrunetteWife
BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
I started this amazing journey back in April 2010 after years of yo-yo dieting. And like many out there, I wanted a quick fix, couldn't find it, so I gave up and continued my bad habits. Out of many mini-wake up calls, not sure which one finally did it, but I was told about MFP and decided, what the heck, why not?

I cut soda completely and drank 8-10 glasses of water ( that alone was HUGE for me! I would drink a 6pack and at least a 32oz or so PER DAY!), it was hard, but I did it and haven't had ANY soda up until about 3weeks ago when I was sick and had Sprite. I started drinking TONS of water and still get in at minimum 10 8oz a day.

I drastically cut out fast foods, not completely out, again, everything in moderation. I upped my protein intake, fruits, and veggies. I even tried new foods and learned to stop being so darn picky! I walked 2x a day, everyday and after a week, I lost 3lbs. Me, Bru, the girl who has only lost her cell phone, car keys, and a sock!! I couldn't believe I actually lost the weight! Soon after, I started checking the forums out, looking for motivation and stories and info in general. I started to educate myself better with food and exercise info, the typical stuff that many forget to do.

My exercise over the past months has been : walking, Couch to 5k, swimming, dancing, dvd's like Walk Away the Pounds and 30 Day Shred, and Wii games Just Dance 1 and 2. Two great MFP friends and I, started a little personal challenge called the BMK to help us push each other throughout the weeks ahead. Even though we have stopped the BMK, I still find myself doing some of the challenges still today! I even ran/walked my first 5k in Sept and have my 2nd one coming up in Jan. I have slowed in my weight loss, but that is to be expected..

I still have around 45lbs to go, but I plan on going until I feel comfy in my skin, not an exact size or number, even though I wouldn't mind to be around 140ish or a size 8-10.

Yes, it's hard work, and lots of dedication. Even though the hard times, and believe me, I've been through many hard times lately, but it is very possible. I don't look at this like a diet because diets don't work. Sure maybe for a few weeks, but then you often gain it all back (and then some). For me, this is a lifestyle change and a great journey. My biggest tips are to remember that it IS a lifestyle change, drink at least 8glasses of water a day , watch your sodium, tape measure yourself at least once a month-if not every other week rather than weigh in all the time, and everything in moderation.

Since this journey started, I have lost 46.3lbs and 53inches from neck down to calves!!!! Thank you all for your support, whether we have friended each other, or seen each other in a thread, you have all helped me remember why I do this...for ME!
:heart: Bru

And as promised my before and current pics:

April 2009 @ 245ish and trying hard to suck it in...
easter2010.jpg

Two months after starting MFP:
6122010newmejourney.jpg

Two days ago:
nov2010.jpg

And my most recent 'dress up' side by side comparision:
43lbsloss.jpg

Replies

• hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    You are doing so awesome Bru! You are such an inspiration and you have the best attitude!

Hugs! Keep up the hard work!
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration!! :flowerforyou:
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing. Very nice, keep up the good work.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! You look so fantastic!! Good job! I am halfway to my goal too! Yay us! I don't have any good pictures though. Keep up the excellent work. [=
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to go and keep up the awesome work!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference! You look wonderful! Keep it up hun!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • izzys1mom
    Options
    Wow....look you have a waist! Thanks for the b/a pics, you look awesome. Congrats on the weight loss. Your story has helped me focus on me, I was having a bad day today and this has helped me see the big picture again.
  • Technodonm
    Options
    Amazing, great job! And hawt! : )
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    First, that dress is HOT!!
    Second, when I first joined MFP you & the BMK's where what got me hooked. So congrats and thanks!!!
  • veedee
    veedee Posts: 26
    Options
    yes, you are truly an inspiration, thank you for sharing your story. I needed a kick in the pants today to get motivated!
  • traceysturn
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic- Be very proud - you look great!
  • ReadyMom
    Options
    Congratulations you look great!!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • jodiebs
    Options
    Thank you for your success story and congrats! These are the kind of stories I like to read about....keeps me going.
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly!!! You look Fabulous!!!! What an inspiration!!!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Love you, Amy! You should be so proud of how far you've come. I know I am super proud of you!

You have been an amazing friend throughout this journey, and I plan to continue to be there for you for the rest of yours! :)

You deserve this, and will continue to do fantastic!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats....you have a lovely shapy, you are going to be extra sexy once you get to the weight you are comfortable with.

Keep up the awesome job

Goodluck
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    firstly i would like to say WOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOO go bru!!!!!!:drinker:

secondly i'd like to say if your not bru's friend and are reading this......you have NO idea just how much of a support this woman is!!! She is there for her MFP friends through thick and thin regardless of what is happening in her own life :flowerforyou:

So thank you bru and well done, this is much deserved because YOU'VE put in the work for YOU and now YOU look amazing!!!

xjox
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Keep up the wonderful work!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to go girlie!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    WAY 2 GO!! You inspire me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!