For those who are 5'3-5'5, what's your ideal/goal weight?

Options
I'm close to my goal weight of 115 pounds, but I'm not sure if I should continue losing more or start maintaining. Anyway, what's your ideal weight?

Replies

• pjowkar
    pjowkar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3' and I'm just trying to get down to 120. Eventually, maybe 115. I maintain muscle easily, so I will never be rail-thin, unless I developed an eating disorder. 115 is completely healthy. Any less, you're starting to look at being underweight. Just be happy with the way you are!
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    110 or 107
  • Kiwi94544
    Options
    I'm 5'5. At my most fit - which was about 7 years ago, when I was training for a competition, and working out 2-3 hours a day, 6 days a week, eating around 1500 calories - I weighed 145 lbs.

I know - that sounds "heavy" for being only 5'5, but that is honestly my "skinny" - I have a large frame and somewhat defined muscles when I am in optimal shape, so I really couldn't see myself going any smaller than 145 lbs. I was a size 8 in pants, a Small-Medium in t-shirts. I could probably have gotten myself down to 135 or maybe even 130, but not without losing muscle or perhaps having to eat WAY differently - like totally carb-free or something - and neither of those things I was willing to do.

So, for me, 145 is what I consider to be my ideal weight.
    That being said, if I got down to 155-160, I'd probably be completely thrilled at this point, lol!
  • tanya203
    tanya203 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My ideal is about 125. Even 130 would be perfectly fine. Larger frame, curvy figure anyways. When I loose weight I essentially becomes boobs and butt and I would rather not lose either as I'm a fan of my assets.
  • VolcanoMouse
    Options
    I'm 5'3", and I'm aiming for about 125lbs. 120, I've been told, looks a bit scary on me, and I'll concede that I always felt a bit shakey and frail when I was down that low.

After reading everyone else's posts, 125 suddenly sounds high! Ah, well-- we've all got different frames, and mine definitely includes muscular legs and wide hips!
  • Cyanide6
    Cyanide6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy to get to 150 and see how it goes from there. I hit that after I had my twins and looked really gaunt...but, I was out of shape and recovering from a c-section as well.
    I've actually got muscle now, but it's under the 'comfort padding'. I don't think I'll ever see 125 again, but I'm taking this in stages, so who knows.
  • katieshkins
    Options
    5'3" and my goal is to be between 115-120. Hoping to lose a lot in my stomach and chest. My upper torso just makes me look so much heavier.
  • benzopinacolone
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and am 140 lbs and I wear a size 4. My ideal weight would be 120 lbs.