WILL I STILL LOSE WEIGHT BY EATING 1800 CALORIES A DAY?????

Options
My Goal Calories is 1800 per day. I am an 19 year old female, 5'11-6ft tall (1.82cm), Want to lose 1kg (2.2pounds) per week. I have ALOT to loose about 100 Pounds. I'm just curious and worried because on all these forums people mostly talk about eating 1200-1600 calories a day, and here I am at a goal of 1800 per day. I work out 2 and a half hours, 6 days per week.

30 Minutes - Elliptical
30 Minutes - Bicycle
30 Minutes - Interval HIIT Running
1 Hour Power Waling - Treadmill

that's just to start with, i will be doing this for a week then adding in strength training and pilates.

On most days I usually net under 1200 or a bit over.

Can someone please help me??

Replies

• spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm a 26 year old female, 6' tall. I'm currently 186.4 and am hoping to get down to 160. With a "lightly active" lifestyle, MFP puts me at 1850 a day in order to lose 1 lb per week. I'm two weeks in and am down 3 and a half lbs eating between 1600 and 1850 a day. It seems like a reasonable amount for you to eat in order to lose the weight

Edited to add: I also exercise, my fitbit is always adding approx 200-300 cals from my walking around all day and being active.
    Edited AGAIN to add: I see that you are trying to lose 1 kg a week. It might be less than that, but it should still work!
  • Michiiba
    Options
    Most females are short, you are not.

That is why your calories are a few hundred more then most females.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    wait, are you doing that exercise in a week, or every day? o.O
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I'm shorter than you are and am eating 2200-2300 a day and have a deficit every day, so yes, you can lose weight eating 1800 calories a day.
  • alegria_marie09
    Options
    Bump
  • alegria_marie09
    Options
    I do That workout routine everyday
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I do That workout routine everyday
    Wow! Be careful not to overdo it. Most definitely you will lose weight on 1800, just by the fact that you have 100lbs to lose and are tall. In fact, I'll bet you would lose at far higher. In addition, if you are going to workout that often, you will want to keep your body properly fueled. You will feel better, be able to workout more efficiently and will find the whole process more sustainable if you have a goal of no more than 2lbs a week. I will go grab a great link to get you started.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    This.

Women are not One Size Fits All. Any "rule" about ideal number of calories, ideal weight, ideal size etc that someone claims applies to ALL WOMEN is, by definition, bullcrap.

My ideal weight according to charts (150) is 50% higher than the ideal weight for my friend who is 5'0. At 150 I'd be staggeringly healthy. She would be obese. You cannot compare across people who are that different, physically.