What do you think of diet pills

Options
So I tried these diet pills....Lipozene. Heard alot of peole say they are a crock.Others say they are good. I have used them for two weeks. Do they eat the fat..who knows. Are they why I am losing weight I doubt it but I do feel full and that is cool. Last week I lost 3 lbs and lost 3 inches off waist and 2 off hips. I really contribute that to eating right. Still not sure about the pills. but hey it was worht a shot.
Ann Marie

Replies

• annmarie4ever
    Options
    So I tried these diet pills....Lipozene. Heard alot of peole say they are a crock.Others say they are good. I have used them for two weeks. Do they eat the fat..who knows. Are they why I am losing weight I doubt it but I do feel full and that is cool. Last week I lost 3 lbs and lost 3 inches off waist and 2 off hips. I really contribute that to eating right. Still not sure about the pills. but hey it was worht a shot.
    Ann Marie
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Diet pills can work...but the ones I took (back when they had effedra <--sp? in them) made me WAY sick! Plus...I think the only way to keep weight off is by doing it the slow, steady, and SAFE way!!!

So...my vote is NO!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I think they're bad - dont take em HEHE!

Seriously though... sure they may work. But not for the long term unless you intend to take them forever.

It takes life changes to get weight off and keep it off.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    i would never ever try diet pills. i just like to do it the natural healthy way: exercise and diet.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    :sick: ... that's all.

You can do it without them, girly!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I have taken diet pills in the past and they do work for various reasons, I think partly because they made me feel so sick I didn't want to eat!! But even if I lost weight, it came back on and then some because I wasn't learning anything.

To be successful and do this forever I knew I needed to educate myself about foods and proper portions and that is a long process as you slowly change your lifestyle. Popping a pill doesn't teach you anything.

So, in my opinion....what can work for EVERY person is a healthy eating plan and exercise. I am convinced of that.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I think they can work and are a temp. fix
    When u stop the pills....the weight comes back on (learned that the hard way)

Kim
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I really screwed up my body taking diet pills and as soon as I stopped taking them, the weight came back plus brought some friends. (those darn fat cells)
    You will feel so much prouder of yourself if you do it with diet and exercise.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I took diet pills back when ephedra was legal....I lost a lot of weight but felt sooooo speedy and my heart would just pound and pound...and then pound some more. I also had to keep taking more and more because my body got used to them. Then later they stopped working and I put the weight back on. I think they're dangerous....I agree that the healthy way is best although it is the slowest...