Insanity workouts

Options
i just started the Insanity workouts, but i noticed that the category for the workouts are not in the excercise category, does anyone more or less know how many calories you can burn for these workouts?

Replies

• chevysarah
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing!
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I LOVE these Insanity workouts! I am on day 3 and it is fantastic - though my calves are SO tight!!!!

I've been putting it in as circuit training- and I err on the side of too few calories burned as opposed to assuming I am burning more than I really am and only put in that I worked out for 25 minutes.

Until I get a HR monitor of my very own and can get a more accurate idea of what I am burning that is - then I will be more precise!
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    What are Insanity workouts?! I want to do some, too! :glasses:
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I just put "aerobic - high intensity." When I tried to look up online, people were reporting between 500-1000 calories burned. I would say that you probably had to be doing it (Excuse my expression) "Balls to the Wall" to get that kind of burn. I think if you went at the same pace as the people in the video and only took the same breaks that they did it would be true. I imagine the higher end of the spectrum is reserved for the "Max" videos though.

So, with that said . . . you might want to err on the side of caution and go with approx. 400-800?

I really need to get a HRM but haven't had the money or time yet. I hope this helps . . . a little. :wink:
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

They are a collection of DVDs plus a nutrition guide and calendar to follow from Team Beach Body. http://teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/insanity-workout
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Insanity+workout
  • lisadallas32
    Options
    yes i have to agree these workouts are awesome, i just did day two yesterday and i am sore....they are really good!
  • scweegie
    Options
    a HRM is the way to go, some of those workouts could burn up to 1000 calories, they are INSANE!!

ok I did the program, and it was hard some days, but it really helped with toning for me, I really need to eat better.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'd say between 500-1,000 calories, depending on which workout.
  • fitkitty1
    fitkitty1 Posts: 56
    Options
    I am on day 5 and I LOVE IT!!!! My body hurts but I wake up every morning feeling like a million bucks!
  • fitkitty1
    fitkitty1 Posts: 56
    Options
    I've been using the Circuit training, general option... for 40 min I burn 544 cal. :-)