skin issues while dieting?

Options
Ever since I have started dieting this last week I have had HORRIABLE break outs on my face! I never really have had break outs in my life and now it's like pretty bad! Has anyone else expiranced this? I no this isn't really "diet" related but I'm really curious if this might just been related to me dieting.

Replies

• lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If you are also working out, it could totally be related to that. I'm interested to know what other people thing on this as my eczema has been flaring lately also?
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    It could be allot of things, when you work out and you don't properly wash/moisturize after then that can lead to breakouts. Change of diet can also. Environmental changes can as well. So many factors.

Somebody once told me (but I took it with a grain of salt) when you start living a healthier lifestyle it sometimes makes your skin "worse before it gets better," sorta like if you go on a skin regimen and in the fine print they tell you it will often flare up worse for a while before clearing up.

However, if your body isn't getting the nutrients it needs it can also be a sign of that, skin is often the first sign of poor health because it is (supposedly) the last organ in the body to get nutrients.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Could be from working out, could also be that you're not eating enough dietary fat which is important for skin and hear health.
  • shelbel0803
    Options
    Ok thanks y'all! I'm a little concerned about it :/
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I get acne if I don't wash the sweat off very soon. I first noticed after I would mow (on a ride-mower) and always get butt breakouts from the sweat running down there so heavily! Aack! :D

Try an anti-bacterial soap of some sort if just washing quickly doesn't work well enough. Lots of natural ingredients are antibacterial, so there are tons of options.

That might not be it, but it's worth a shot :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Always. I usually put it down to drinking a lot more water, its like my skin just wants to get rid of all the yuck in it! Calms down after a week though.