bulking any tips ? when should expect results ?

Options
Hi

I have started bulking recently is there any extra tips people can give me ?

Is 3000 calories plus enough per day?

When do people see any results ?

Thanks j

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    What kind of tips do you want? Eat more, eat more calorie-dense food?

Is 3000 calories enough for what?

Results are seen over time. Assume .5-1.5lbs/muscle gain per week assuming proper surplus and lifting routine.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Its a slow process, as posted already, if you're doing everything properly, 0.5-1lbs a week is doable.

As far as how many cals a day, it depends on a few things. For me, 3000 a day is what I need. I'm also, 178lbs (current) and 5"9, and work a desk job.

If you enter all your stats in MFP, and say you want 0.5lbs-1lbs a week, it will give you a number to start at. Mine shows 2700cals a day, So I try and hit 3000 or just over, some days, i'm a little under.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    If you are a complete beginner then you will put on more muscle more quickly.
    If you eat too many calories then you will mostly put on fat.
    3000 calories may be too much, or it may be not enough, it depends how much you are burning off.
  • Smashlea88
    Smashlea88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    calculate your BMR and add an extra 600-1000 calories to that. Meat, eggs, broccoli, protein supplement (20-25g/serving) 3-4 times a day, preferably one without soy or artificial sweeteners. and eat every couple hours. On top of that, lifting weights of course. Talk to a personal trainer or get a friend to go with you to the gym to get a good regiment going to help achieve your goal
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Most importantly:
    tumblr_m5ycurzpzM1r01jju.gif

I eat 3100 and i am female on a 250 surplus... Unsure that 3000 is really enough for you. find out your tdee and add 500 to that...

Get your routine ready and of you go!
  • jfraser1992
    jfraser1992 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks ????