low carb breakfast

Options
Im stuck in a rut eating weetabix for breakfast but Im trying to limit carbs anyone got any good breakfast ideas!
cheers

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs or omelettes with some lean meats and veggies!
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    eggs eggs and more eggs - have you tried Zeggs instead of Oatmeal/cereal? Its egg whites and courgette scramble together.

Or some Whey isolate, half a banana, almond milk and peanut butter - one of my favourites
  • lbsnoop76
    lbsnoop76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not heard of Zeggs, Im in Scotland though. I quite often have eggs as dinner after gym, any other ideas? Thanks for all the help
    Laura
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Eggs, bacon, smoked salmon, Greek yoghurt, cottage cheese, kippers, smoked mackerel, ham and tomatoes
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I make mini quiches, they are quick, low-carb, low-calorie and very convenient. Just pop them in the microwave for a minute or so and your good to go!

The base:
    - 1 cup Eggbeaters
    - 2 whole eggs
    - 1/4 cup soy milk
    - salt & pepper

The Mix'ins (choose as few or as many as you want)
    - spinach
    - chopped broccoli
    - diced onion
    - diced bell pepper
    - shredded zucchini
    - sauted, diced mushroom
    - cheese
    - low sodium ham, diced
    - bacon, chopped
    - ect. ect.

Then i mix it together & put it in muffin tins and bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I think I may be alone on this one, but my goto breakfast these days is a muffin made from flax seed/egg with a bit of EVOO and MCT oil. Essentially, this recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/one-minute-flax-muffin-low-carb-295649 but using more oil, adding nutmeg/clove/ginger in addition to the cinammon, and using a liquid sweetener to avoid the carbs from powdered sweetener.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    eggs and bacon of course.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    eggs,
    bacon,
    ham,
    sausage,
    steak,
    egg whites,
    Plain Greek yogurt,
    Protein Shake,
    Cheese,
    Cottage Cheese,
    Veggies,
    etc
  • chrs86
    chrs86 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I personally love the egg beaters. 30 calories per serving. Huge amount of protein. You could use the entire box and stay under 250 calories with like 40g protein. They come premixed with cheese and peppers also.
  • Domane1963
    Domane1963 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether you want sweet or savoury and whether you are counting calories as well as going low carb. I'm a sweet brekkie person myself. Pancakes made with either coconut flour or ground almonds are low carb but high in calories. Or you can do a half n half porridge with 50% oats and 50% ground almonds too..... Oh and swap from cow's milk to unsweetened almond milk (lowest carb) or unsweetened soya milk.
  • lbsnoop76
    lbsnoop76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanks guys great advice and some of it so simple, eggs and sausage etc, just getting into all this, all a bit alien to me at the moment
  • missismonty
    missismonty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Im in Scotland too and wonder what egg beaters are!

I have omlette, boiled eggs or this morning sainsburies too good to be true bacon medallions with some pan fried mushrooms. Or raw porridge oats made with water - add some berries. I know its not low carb but its good carbs and low sugar, really keeps me going.

Hope this helps (feel free to add me I do low carb too)