WILL YOU EVER BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF???

Options
i see so many success stories or half success stories or people just stressing so hard over the last 5 pounds so they can be at the lowest spectrum of healthy weight possible and its like people you are your own worst enemy some people really needed to learn to love themselves before starting this journey, like what is the point of losing weight if you are not going to enjoy life, people stop going out with friends make eating situations hella awkward with people

people are looking new but still stuck in the prison of the mind, 5 pounds doesnt mean your a failure or the 100 pounds you lost are in vain, eating out with friends isnt and all end to your journey to a healthy life style love your self people and live life most people are losing weight to be healthy and live a more enjoyable life so do that

peace loves:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm always pretty pleased with myself. Some people might even say too please..
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Daily. At least once.
  • staveshabr
    staveshabr Posts: 74 Member
    Options

i believe that is a beautiful thing people are just so hard on themselves i just wanted people to embrace their beauty
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Some people need to learn punctuation.

I am pretty damn happy with myself.
    I have a fab *kitten* and work hard for what I have both fitness wise and personal life wise.
  • ecottencat
    ecottencat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with myself. Do I have weight to lose defiantly but the way I figure this is me if someone doesn't like the way I look so be it. Probably for the first few weeks I stayed in only to get into the mind set of healthy eating without all the influences of bad food. Now I go out cause I trust myself to eat less and perhaps choose a slightly more healthy options at restaurants.
  • staveshabr
    staveshabr Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I have a fab *kitten* and work hard for what I have both fitness wise and personal life wise.

this wasn't a post to put anyone down, just to encourage those to love themselves. so sorry i didnt use the correct punctuation for you, im using my phone. Better???
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

This...I look in the mirror and think DaMN woman you got it going on...but I thought that 40lbs ago...so did my younger hottie husband.....hehe

Even now the only way I know I've lost weight is my clothing size...no joke...
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I concur...if I was you I would be pleasing myself often.:wink:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

quagmire-OH.gif
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

this wasn't a post to put anyone down, just to encourage those to love themselves. so sorry i didnt use the correct punctuation for you, im using my phone. Better???

Just because someone is still working towards a goal doesn't mean they aren't happy with themselves or their achievements so far. You're making a lot of assumptions about people in your OP.
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm definitley happy now - more so that I've managed to keep maintain it for a year.

The further I get the more goals I set though so my mind is always after something or I'd have stopped a long time ago and just maintained.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    No. I never will. Contentment breeds complacency, which breeds apathy. I always want to push myself harder, no matter what I achieve personally, professionally, physically, financially.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    No, and to top that off nicely, i honestly don't see myself like other people see me, i look in the mirror and still see the morbidly obese person that i used to be, and i don't know if that will ever change:sad:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    People are insecure these days. Blame the media and crap celebrities who do nothing but pose but still manage to form opinions.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    i see so many success stories or half success stories or people just stressing so hard over the last 5 pounds so they can be at the lowest spectrum of healthy weight possible and its like people you are your own worst enemy some people really needed to learn to love themselves before starting this journey, like what is the point of losing weight if you are not going to enjoy life, people stop going out with friends make eating situations hella awkward with people

people are looking new but still stuck in the prison of the mind, 5 pounds doesnt mean your a failure or the 100 pounds you lost are in vain, eating out with friends isnt and all end to your journey to a healthy life style love your self people and live life most people are losing weight to be healthy and live a more enjoyable life so do that

peace loves:flowerforyou: :drinker:

For me I'm not striving for a final number, I want to be around a certain weight but I also judge myself on my how I look.

Regarding the "living life" thing, this becomes a huge part of ones life (at least in my case) so because others don't understand or get it you see it as "it's taken over my life". It has not taken over my life, my interests are now just different from yours, I don't want to sit on a patio from 2:00-8:00PM drinking and then go out to a club all night .. it's just not for me.

This works in the opposite way as well, you (not saying you just referencing a random friend) refuse to go to bed early on a Friday night with me and wake up early on a Saturday and come to the gym with me. I don't see this as you not living life ... I see it as we have different interests, it's just more acceptable to sit around and drink then it is to work out early in the morning . People see this as I'm not living but guess what I am!!! I also have allot of friends at the gym so I talk to people there but we are working out at the same time...

/end rant ?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I see what you did there.

And I like it.
  • maskingtaped
    Options
    i'm not happy with myself, but at the same time i'm not disappointed in myself. i will feel happy with myself once i start looking the way i want to though, which is a huge motivator for me. i've also found that exercise boosts my self confidence significantly.
  • Zomb1eMummy
    Zomb1eMummy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I have always been happy with myself even at my highest weight and I will always be happy with myself. I am doing this journey for health reasons and so I know that I can do the things I want to do with my kids and Husband.

Being obese isn't something to be proud of, true. But it is not about being obese that I am happy about. I am happy with myself for everything else that I have accomplished in my life. I am happy with myself for everything I am doing right now to get at a healthy weight. I am just a happy person in general.

There is no sense in being angry at yourself or disappointed or whatever, especially during this journey. That's when people quit. I have been there and done that and I will not be going in that mindset again. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Happiness comes from within.
  • akj4ever12
    akj4ever12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am happy with the progress I've made, both mentally and physically. I know I still have work to do, but I am in a better place now than I was when I started.