Am I doing what's necessary to lose weight?

Options
Can you all look at my diary to see if I'm on the right track to lose weight? Also any exercises or calories info would be great. Thanks!!!

Replies

• cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks good to me, but I would try to stop eating Aunt Jemima pancake mix because it has too much sodium. Make your own from whole wheat flour.

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

3 1/2 teaspoonsbaking powder

1 teaspoonsalt

1 tablespoonwhite sugar

1 1/4 cups skim milk

1 egg

3 tablespoonsbutter, melted

Directions

1.In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
    2.Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

I make stuff like this on the weekend and pop the leftovers in the fridge to use on weekdays, but that's just me. I'm trying to not eat processed food (food that I don't really know what they used to make it). Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    More protein.. like a bunch more... since you didn't give height/weight or anything or exercise routine use this calculator to figure out your calorie estimation

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I would just be careful with your calorie burns. I personally wouldn't log stuff like sit ups & pushups. It's really hard to determine the burns for stuff like that. Also....if you're using what MFP tells you for stuff like 30 Day Shred, it's likely to be too high. Are you using a heart rate monitor or what MFP tells you?

It's hard to say not knowing your stats. What's your height & weight?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    if you are logging accurately (meaning weighing your food and logging everything) and are in a calorie deficet yes you are doing what is necessary to lose weight.

As for the exercise log 30DS as circut training and eat back appx 75% as even a HRM wont give you accurate burns for this as it is not steady state cardio...

The sodium and protien stuff eh good ideas but not necessary...I eat a lot of protien because it is filling...and I lift weights...
  • MissLakeTime
    MissLakeTime Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    More protein.. like a bunch more... since you didn't give height/weight or anything or exercise routine use this calculator to figure out your calorie estimation

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Thank you for sharing that website. I think I need to adjust my carbs, protein and fat ratios.
  • aquariuanjourney
    aquariuanjourney Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I weigh 191. I use a hrm it was only 7 bucks on eBay but it seems accurate. I weigh all of my food. I also use Runkeeper when I walk and my hrm is along the same range as calories burned.

I hate going to the gym. But when I do I normally get on the treadmill. Sometimes I do strength training, swimming, or water aerobics. I love to walk and run outside, play tennis, or even frisbee but it's too cold out now. As far as my push up and stupid goes, my runstatic app is synced with mfp so it logs it automatically.