Entering P90X3 as an exercise

Options
I am getting ready to start P90X3 and am wondering what is the easiest and most accurate way to enter the workouts as exercise.
I am unable to find P90X3 as an exercise in MFP. I also tried to find the individual exercises, ie synergistics and agility.

I read that some monitor their heart rate then enter it as cardio time. I was hoping to avoid that method.

Just wondering what others do.

Thanks!

Replies

• CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    If you want it accurate- you really do need a heart rate monitor. I range anywhere from 89 calories burned in Yoga to 220 in The Warrior.

If you want to estimate- use the closest category that MFP has already. (Yoga, Cardio, Lifting weights...)
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I've set up my calorie intake to not matter what I enter for exercise. My TDEE minus 10%, eating above my BMR. I enter in exercises that aren't in the database by creating a new one and making it worth 1 calorie, just so I can keep track that I did it. I've been steadily losing at least .58 pounds a weeks, so... it works.

Not sure if that's helpful, but... I like it :)
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I am starting P90x3 today, and I'll create a new exercises for it , but I 'll enter as 1 calories same as previously mentioned. I set my calorie goal according to program suggested level (2100 for me) , which is already account for the exercise calories, so I do not want MFP to add any additional calories on the top of that.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I enter all my P90X3 exercises as aerobic, which allows me to enter calories burned. I wear my own heart rate monitor, so that is how I calculate calories.

Mike
  • janellyf
    janellyf Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the input. I really appreciate it.
    I do have a heart rate monitor, so I am going to go ahead and make the most of it!

Well, that is if I can even survive P90X3! LOL
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the input. I really appreciate it.
    I do have a heart rate monitor, so I am going to go ahead and make the most of it!

Well, that is if I can even survive P90X3! LOL
    I also have a HRM, and I plan to wear it too, and I make a note about the reading. Still I like a steady same amount calories every day , instead of fluctuating according to the given day intensity. For example yoga probably will burn way less then CVX