Now that's progress!

Options
I started Monday and was 1092 OVER my calorie limit.
Yesterday I was only 123 OVER my calorie limit.
I will call that progress and keep trying.
I have really maintained a good excercise routine over the years. Food is my hard part.
This is a cool site, I think I can learn a lot.

Replies

• sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    You're getting there, just stick with it!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    That's a big change! Nice work. 123 calories over your "limit" is probably still in a deficit (depending on your goals, MFP has probably calculated in a 500 or so calorie deficit).
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That's a good NSV, it takes time to get used to your calorie Goal, your body has to adjust physically and mentally, I did not do well my first week either =)
  • easto_79
    easto_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That is totally how I had to start too, now after 6 months, I'm 45 pounds lighter and almost always under my calorie goal!!
    You can do it, in baby steps
  • Great job! I have to remind myself to look at it that way too. And as someone else stated earlier, you probably still had a deficit with just 123 over. Great job and keep it up! :)
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I think the first week or 2 of logging is really more to learn about your past habits and really see what you've been eating. Once you know where you are, you can map out where you want to go! :)
  • robinmmurphy3
    robinmmurphy3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started Monday and was 1092 OVER my calorie limit.
    Yesterday I was only 123 OVER my calorie limit.
    I will call that progress and keep trying.
    I have really maintained a good excercise routine over the years. Food is my hard part.
    This is a cool site, I think I can learn a lot.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I just started too.
    The food journalling really does help.
    I make a lot of recipes and sometimes it can be arduous to included all of the ingrediants in the calorie count.
    I wonder if I am approximating the measurements correctly.