Why isnt the scale moving?

Options
I have been under my calorie goal everyday now for over 2 weeks. The scale has only moved 2.2 lbs. I need to lose over 100lbs. I have been doing cardio for 30-45 mins 2 times a week. I work full time and have a 6 month old. Any advice?

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    You're not going to lose 100lbs in 2 weeks. Keep at it.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure ALL your food. Patience, it takes time. Congrats on 2.2 in 2 weeks, that's losing the healthy way!!!!
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food
    Are you eating enough calories
    Can you open your dairy if it is not open?
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    1.1 pounds a week is amazing!

It didn't come on in two weeks; it will take much longer to come off.

Set a smaller goal of 10 or 20 pounds than you 2.2 will look even better. Once you've reached you goal, set a new one!!!

Make sure you are measuring your food!!
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    sounds about right, there's really no issue to be upset about. This is a marathon not the 50 yard dash.
  • FitForFunKanata
    FitForFunKanata Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.. I think you are doing well. 100 pounds is a long way to go and you are on your way.
    Enjoy the ride and celebrate ever single pound that slides off. Be patient and those pounds will add up before you know it!
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    keep it up, your body is going to take some time to get used to all the changes!~
    you will see improvement if you just keep it up! I know it is hard! and I know you are feeling like 2.2 pounds isn't a lot! bu it is! you got this! keep doing your cardio, add some strength training into your mix and keep up the positive attitude!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far! 2 pounds is worth celebrating no matter how much you have left to go.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options

the scale IS moving.
    2.2 lbs in 2 weeks is progress that most of us would love to see.
    Keep up the great work! ^__^
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    1) Congrats on losing 2.2 pounds in 2 weeks! What's the rush?

2) You're not supposed to come in under your calories goal, you're supposed to try to meet it, that's why it's called goal. The deficit is already built in based on what you entered for info in your profile. No need to starve yourself to lose the weight.

3) If you're new to exercise or started doing it more consistently and/or started doing more intense exercise in the last couple of weeks. part of the slowness of your loss is water and glycogen retention in your muscle fibers. It's part of the body's natural healing response. Kind of like when your ankle swells when you sprain it but not as obvious as it's spread over a larger area.

4) Patience and persistance are the key. Keep at it!

P.S. I started out 4 years ago with the goal of losing 100 pounds (now total goal of 110 pounds). As you can see on my ticker below, I'm still 20 pounds away but couldn't be happier!! I've stuck with this FAR longer than any previous weight loss and fitness attempt and simply exstatic about that. It may take another year or two to get there but who cares?! I'm healthier now than I was in my teens and THAT is what really matters.
  • Awesomers
    Awesomers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am on week 16 and I have consistently lost a little over 1 lb a week. I work out 5-6 days a week and am almost always under my calorie goal. I have come to the conclusion that I need to accept the 1 lb a week and not be wrecked by it. It's more than I was losing before! Find the positives in the situation and give yourself a pat on the back!
  • chickenshit4
    chickenshit4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Try reducing your sodium intake, this will not only make you feel better but also get rid of water retention.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is healthy and sustainable weight loss. The issue I see isn't a lack of movement on the scale but is unrealistic expectations.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Real life isn't like The Biggest Loser. Keep up the good work and look forward to weighing over 50 lbs less in a year's time!