30 day shred before/after pics please x x x

Options
Hi everyone!

I am starting 30 day shred and would love to hear some success stories! I am getting married in 3 months and really need to lose weight and tone up. I am significantly lowering my calorie intake, increasing my general exercise to 4 cardio sessions a week including weight training alongside swimming and of course 30 day shred! Wish me luck and I would love to see some before and after pics for that little extra inspiration. Also any advise on anything you think I should know about how to maximize my efforts of losing weight with 30 day shred.
x x x :happy:

Replies

• loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If you use the search function there's a few really long threads on this.
  • cynrawr
    cynrawr Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love 30DS! I have never been able to fully finish the program (due to moves, changes at work, and general excuses). I'm starting it in the next few days and hoping to see actually finish this time! :) Good luck.
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michael's workout, i did them all :)
    I started with 30DS in February 2013.
    Don't lower you calorie intake by TOO much!
    I eat 1400 a day, and eat back my workout calories (around 200 cal/30 min of 30DS) and i lost a lot!

35c1mqu.jpg

no idea how to make it appear on the board, just copy paste the link! :)

Feel free to add me if you have any questions about 30DS
  • daisiepops
    Options
    Wow your results look amazing! I am hoping to go from a UK size 14 to a comfortable 12. What weights did you lose and well done on the weight loss you look fab! x x
  • melliott27
    melliott27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, I started this yesterday. Wanna add eachother up and track progress and such? :D
  • melliott27
    melliott27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also, 'deedzzz' - AMAZING results! Well done!!
  • Carbonussell
    Carbonussell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI there - very good luck on your journey! I am not sure what 30 day shred is but I am nearing the end of a 30 day challenge to lose a bit of weight and tone up - I will share the before and after photos next week on my final day. 4.3 kilos lost so far since start of Jan so going fairly well. One thing I would say to do is to do your measurements (waist, thighs, hips etc) at the start as well as your weight, as the scales will not always reflect progress. I found in my first week I lost over 2 kilos, but then the second week I lost under one kilo but was going just as hard on the exercise and still watching the food.
    I think that using My Fitness Pal religiously is so important - mark in anything you eat and drink with a calorific content as it takes a while to realise how much snacks and so on can add up. Once you get used to the amount you should be eating you wont have to always log in to My Fitness Pal forever more! :-)
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS last year. No pics I'm afraid, but I did have actual almost abs afterwards and (more impressive for me) my arms and thighs were tighter and toned. My arms and thighs generally look like jelly-filled water balloons so that is a really big deal for me!
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    30DS is a great workout to start with. I'm doing my 4th round atm, level1 day10 tomorrow.
    For me it was more about losing inches than losing weight.
  • Bambalina_1
    Bambalina_1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow your results look amazing! I am hoping to go from a UK size 14 to a comfortable 12. What weights did you lose and well done on the weight loss you look fab! x x

That's me too, I so wish to be a 12 but Im a 14 at moment...

Im going to start the 30DS next week on top of my fitness regime.
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michael's workout, i did them all :)
    I started with 30DS in February 2013.
    Don't lower you calorie intake by TOO much!
    I eat 1400 a day, and eat back my workout calories (around 200 cal/30 min of 30DS) and i lost a lot!

35c1mqu.jpg

no idea how to make it appear on the board, just copy paste the link! :)

Feel free to add me if you have any questions about 30DS

Wow you look AMAZING! It makes me want to try the 30DS. Isn't it boring though? I've heard it's very repetitive, so I was wondering!
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm with you girl - Getting married in less than 5 months PLUS right after going on a cruise to the Bahamas..... definitely need to look hot for wedding/cruise!!
  • kp82883
    kp82883 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Another bride to be here :) August 9th is my date but dress alterations first week of July so that is my cut off. When you all do the 30 DS, do you skip the gym or do it in addition? I just don't know if I can only do my workouts at home...I get bored at home
  • deedzzz
    Options

Wow you look AMAZING! It makes me want to try the 30DS. Isn't it boring though? I've heard it's very repetitive, so I was wondering!

It might be "boring" and repetitive, but it works!!
    Honestly, it is not 'boring' because it will KICK you *kitten* every time you do it! There won't be a day where you'd go, oh boy that was an easy workout, i need more a challenge :)
    I have been doing JM's workout for a year now, and i break a sweat everytime
  • deedzzz
    Options
    Another bride to be here :) August 9th is my date but dress alterations first week of July so that is my cut off. When you all do the 30 DS, do you skip the gym or do it in addition? I just don't know if I can only do my workouts at home...I get bored at home

Do both, go to the gym 3 times a week and do the shred 3 times a week. I personally did 30DS 5x times a week, without any other workout and i did go down 1 dress size in 30 days
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Do both, go to the gym 3 times a week and do the shred 3 times a week. I personally did 30DS 5x times a week, without any other workout and i did go down 1 dress size in 30 days

Received the 30DS as a Christmas gift. I was wondering if / how to incorporate it in with the exercise classes I take. I might end up doing both...alternating.
  • deedzzz
    Options

Thank you :)
    I did go down a dress size in about a month. I started with a pair of 3 lbs, but those became "too easy" so i switched to a pair of 5s about a week in. but still used the 3s for some of the shoulder workouts!
    Good luck! Do it, the results will be worthwhile!
    It's on youtube too if you don't want to pay for it
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I have a group of trying to bein back to life to help motivate me and others through daily post link below

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15596-jillian-michael-workouts
  • daisiepops
    Options
    Great reading through everyone's replies! Congrats to the other Brides to be, I've never known pressure like it because usually at an event I can cover my arms up with a fancy long sleeved dress or cardi however as the bride I know people will be looking at me and its something I cant avoid so I am desperate to lose now especially for the hen party and honeymoon too!

Well on day 7 of 30DS and boy I love it! Jillian has started to grate on me now but it certainly isn't easy enough to stand there thinking it is boring, as somebody else noted even on day 7 although I have found my stamina has improved I am just pushing myself harder and always break a sweat.

I am also doing cardio and weight training about 3/4 times a week alongside this. From my first check in I have lost 9lbs and that is under a month. I have literally just stopped eating rubbish, cut down on carbs and lowering my calorie intake each day. I haven't dropped a dress size because my belly is still pretty flabby and big but it is already feeling more toned with 30DS. My thighs, bottom and arms really feel much more toned and my clothes are looser in those areas. I think most of my initial weight was water as I was very bloated looking and had swollen ankles regularly. Since my new healthy lifestyle change I haven't swollen once and you can now tell I have ankles haha!

I am going to take my inches after the whole 30DS and see what the results are but so far so good. Keep at it guys, it is tough but so worth it. Let me know how everybody is getting on, I know I still have a long way to go but I am more determined than ever! x x x x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!