Most Embarrassing Gym Moments

Options
rob1976
rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
So, this morning I was getting ready to use the standing bicep curl rack. I picked up the bar and started to get into position. The bar titled and the weights fell off one side onto the floor, causing the bar to tip the other way and the other weights fell off the other way. Everyone saw my face turn bright red. I wanted to crawl into my locker and hide.

Did I mention that this happened right in front of one of the hottest girls in the weight room? DOH!

What was your most embarrassing gym moment?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    in for the :laugh:

I have a home gym so it doesn't get to bad in there unless my son is correcting my squat form ...while he squats on his toes:noway: :noway:
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I often shin plant on my box jumps. I like to see how many I can do and after about 100 (high ones), I get wobbly and BOOM....shins are destroyed. I take that as a sign I only have 20 left to do :P
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Really, dropping weights is it? You shoudl have put your arms up like you just stuck the landing, yelled out THANK YOU!

I fart all the time, especially on the jogging track. Usually right when I pass somebody.

Oh wait, you said embarrasing. Ummm.....
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    When I got back into working out (about 9 months ago), I forgot to "empty the tank" before I was pushing myself running on the elliptical. Before I knew it, I peed myself. Thankfully no one noticed, but I had to go home.

HEY...don't judge me. You birth two 9+ lb kids out your lady bits and see if everything just snaps back into place! :tongue:
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    So, this morning I was getting ready to use the standing bicep curl rack. I picked up the bar and started to get into position. The bar titled and the weights fell off one side onto the floor, causing the bar to tip the other way and the other weights fell off the other way. Everyone saw my face turn bright red. I wanted to crawl into my locker and hide.

Did I mention that this happened right in front of one of the hottest girls in the weight room? DOH!

What was your most embarrassing gym moment?

Haha! That! It's a bit of a shock isn't it, and first one and then another!

I've also taken a 10k plate off someone's bar on the smith machine when they were between sets. It was really close and looked like the pegs where the plates were kept. His eyes nearly popped out of his head!! He did keep his temper tho and politely asked for it back.

The embarrassing thing was that I was too embarrassed to explain myself and to this day he probably still thinks I jus took it knowing he was using it!, oooooohhhh god! :embarassed:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Doing (modified) burpees. Toward the end of the set, went down for the pushup, arms gave out a bit, BAM on the floor.

In front of a cute guy, of course.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Really, dropping weights is it? You shoudl have put your arms up like you just stuck the landing, yelled out THANK YOU!

I fart all the time, especially on the jogging track. Usually right when I pass somebody.

Oh wait, you said embarrasing. Ummm.....

HA HA...yea, and when you have headphones on it's worse because sometimes you don't know if a silent one snuck out or if you just sent a fart echo through the whole place. TG I work out at 4:30 am and it's just a handful of us regulars there.
  • beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I had a similar episode in the Marina Bay Sands hotel gym in Singapore. I was taking the barbell off of the stand to place it on the floor for deadlifts. I must have grabbed it off-center because the left 45 slipped off, made a bang, the barbell flew up, and the right 45 fell off with another bang. Luckily, the only people that saw and heard this were the gym attendants. They did their best not to laugh at me and located the clips for me.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    LOL!

When I started bench presses, I was too weak to lift the Olympic bar, so I took it off the Olympic bench, then proceeded to put the 30# "pre-loaded" bar on the bench...then, realized that the bar was too narrow for the rack. Doh! :blushing:

Plenty of people saw me do it...I felt really silly, but it was pretty funny, too. It's all part of the process, right?
  • beekay70
    Options
    I also couldn't figure out why the lat pulldown bar wouldn't come down in our work gym. I checked the weight, dropped it a bit, pulled again, and nothing. I realized after a lot of confusion that the bar was racked in the storage hooks. I don't know how many people saw that, but they were good sports and pretended not to.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I also couldn't figure out why the lat pulldown bar wouldn't come down in our work gym. I checked the weight, dropped it a bit, pulled again, and nothing. I realized after a lot of confusion that the bar was racked in the storage hooks. I don't know how many people saw that, but they were good sports and pretended not to.

Oh...good to know! I'd so do that, and you're up in the air for the entire gym to see you. Oy.

When I do stupid crap, I try not to make eye contact with anyone and pretend that the people that saw me do it are still learning, too. Sometimes, I just laugh at myself, because life is just so hard, for me. I overcomplicate everything and miss the point, all of the time. Lol!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Let me add that about 30 minutes later, I was doing my cooldown on the treadmill and dropped my phone. I bent down to pick it up, completely forgetting that I was on the treadmill. Luckily, I hopped off before I launched off the back like a pile of wreckage on the floor.

When I was done, I was walking over to the stretch area and the guy on the treadmill behind me tapped my arm and said it was the greatest near miss he'd ever seen.
  • beekay70
    Options
    Let me add that about 30 minutes later, I was doing my cooldown on the treadmill and dropped my phone. I bent down to pick it up, completely forgetting that I was on the treadmill. Luckily, I hopped off before I launched off the back like a pile of wreckage on the floor.

When I was done, I was walking over to the stretch area and the guy on the treadmill behind me tapped my arm and said it was the greatest near miss he'd ever seen.

Yeah, I'd have never pulled that off.
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    I fell off the treadmill once...