Anyone else starting Keto?

Options
Today is my first day! I'm excited as I have kind of messed up with my diet these past few months. But I've read a lot of good things about the Ketogenic diet. I'm interested in trying it and as I have PCOS it is always better for me to have low amounts of carbs anyway. Plus, bacon. Also, I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in giving some advice/how things went for you on it, or if you're just trying it out to see if it works for you. :D

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Add me to your friends list if you like.

Also, in the groups section there are groups for low carb, keto, Paleo, etc................like minded people to conversate with. Because unfortunately the haters are going to implode your topic in about 5 seconds.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Oh, ok thanks! It's been a while since I've been on here so I didn't know about groups. I will do that. I don't mind haters, I don't pay them any attention.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I had a weekend fat fast to get myself back into the keto groove, as I had kind of fallen out of it since the holidays. Prior, I was ketoing since July.
  • Ketoice
    Ketoice Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just started keto yesterday for the first time myself! Would love to have some buddys for support and encouragment, tips and tricks - so add me! :)
  • Tubbytucka
    Tubbytucka Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    As someone else said, join the keto group as there are some haters on here. Also, check out http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/ - there's lots of good info and advice on there.

You will probably get a bit grumpy in the next few days as you go through sugar/carb withdrawal, but after that you can expect less desire for snacks, (fat is very satiating) a large weight loss in the first few days then a slower steadier loss, and (this might be too much information) a lot less poo. Drink plenty of water and eat some leafy greens to help there if you need to.

Good luck!
  • ABaggett2010
    ABaggett2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday! Add me!! I did keto for about a month before I got pregnant with my last son, and it works!!! Plus like you said....BACON haha!
  • AGHIGGINBOTTOM
    Options
    Just started keto yesterday! Also juicing veggies low in carbs-hope this gives me more energy!!!
  • Megume
    Megume Posts: 74
    Options
    Been on and off Keto for several months. Really wanting to make it a full year this time around and to reach my goal size by August for my 30th birthday.

Anyone wanna be friends, feel free to add me. I can always use the extra boost :3
  • honeybe522
    Options
    I've just started Keto myself. Just finished my 3rd day and I think im starting to feel the effects of the "Keto-flu". I was nauseous this morning but after drinking some water and snacking on some almonds I felt way better. A lot of site will tell you that drinking water is going to be your best friend ESPECIALLY for the first week or two. But aside from the effects of carb/sugar withdrawal Im really enjoying it. I don't feel deprived or hungry, in fact most of the time i have trouble finishing my plate. An odd feeling but I like it :)

this site helped me the most::
    http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/127sm0/keto_calculator/c6sw2xc

this link is also great::
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aiHSPoto_YqsNTDvL-g60nytMnyH-CJcCbiAx1IEUYM/edit
  • AnnaWillis20
    AnnaWillis20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting keto on Saturday, after my exams have finished. Bit nervous about the lack of vegetables... I am a vegetable fiend and love a veg stew :(
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sup, I do Keto C:

I did keto for a few months, then christmas happened C:

Back doing it again :3
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I started keto back in June and I have PCOS too. In three months, most of my symptoms had reversed and I even started ovulating! I got pregnant and had to up my carbs for now but as soon as I can I will be back at it. I love it! My husband loves it and does great on it as well! Feel free to friend me if you want even though I am not currently keto!
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did Keto up until Christmas. It was awesome! My wife hated it though so it works for some people and others can't stand it.
  • shortone27
    Options
    I'm starting Keto today!! I kind of think I'm in heaven with this "diet". Bulletproof coffee, fat bombs, and bacon? I'll give up bread for that! I'm subscribed to reddit.com/r/keto and reddit.com/r/ketorecipes, I suggest you do that too!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Keto today!! I kind of think I'm in heaven with this "diet". Bulletproof coffee, fat bombs, and bacon? I'll give up bread for that! I'm subscribed to reddit.com/r/keto and reddit.com/r/ketorecipes, I suggest you do that too!

xxketo is a better sub-reddit for us ladies! I'm there!
  • windybiscuit
    windybiscuit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll chime in with a +1 for keto (and share some love for /r/keto!):

My support goes out to anyone who's just started or is still thinking about it. The beginning stages are challenging but not insurmountable, and the rewards that lie beyond carb withdrawals are readily won. Since I've adopted carbohydrate restriction and kept to a diet high in healthy fats with moderate protein, my health has improved, I've lost weight, and I've passed my original goals and set new ones. Going keto has changed my life--I'm so sold on it that I've bought books on the diet for curious friends and family, on the spot, just so I know they have good information at their fingertips.

Switching to a ketogenic diet is the first alteration to my lifestyle that has actually lasted, and I've felt only more confident in my continued success, buoyed by consistent results. If anyone has any questions or would just like to talk with a friend of keto, do feel free to reach out; I love conversation and would love to help anyone wanting to learn more or understand better what keto is, how it works, and what it could do for you.
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Wow, no "if it fits your macros" attacks with pictures of donuts yet? Surprised! I searched for this topic b/c I just finished my first week of "experimenting with keto" (read: trying it out to the T to see what all the fuss was about) and I think I'll keep on for another month or so, maybe longer if I feel it's still meeting my needs. Lost 5lbs in the first week and, yes, I am aware most is water, but my scale said I did lose 1% bodyfat, too =) I plan on joining the xxsubreddit, too, but you all feel free to friend me----looking for support!