Anyone else using Bowflex Treadclimber?

Options
I'm interested in knowing if anyone has had success using the treadclimber or plans on using it? I have just got back on mine maybe we could share support and progress with each other......

Replies

• love_handles83
    love_handles83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • cm3540
    cm3540 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi...I just got one for a Christmas present...treadclimber arrived on January 3rd... I have used it 2 times so far :) ... I would love to share progress and motivation ....
  • kt8311
    kt8311 Posts: 2
    Options
    My treadclimber is being delivered tomorrow, would love to share progress and motivation! Just joined this site today. How does this work? How do we share progress and motivation??
  • kbroche5
    Options
    I got my treadclimber a few weeks ago and that 30 minutes 3 times a week must take some building up to.....I can get about 12 minutes at 1.6 and I am done......anyone else???
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    We just got ours last week and DH put it together yesterday. He got on it this morning and said it really kicked his butt. I am hoping to get into a regular schedule with it. I'm doing a C25K training on M,W & F and spin on T & TH so I have to figure out when a good time is for me. He can't always make it to the gym so he's planning on using it during the week and I'm going to do it on the weekends. I think he did 15 minutes this morning.
  • queenbea77
    Options
    Well I skipped spin this morning to try out the Tread Climber. OMG! I did 25 minutes @ 1.5 sp 1st level and then for the last 5 minutes I upped the speed to 2 so I could get 1 mile in...I was close .85 mile.

I wore my HR monitor and put on the one that came with the machine. My starting HR was 110 and it said I got up to 149 - the one that came with the machine said I was 185-200 so it wasn't even close. The time on the machine was the same as on my HR monitor and I assume the distance was correct. Enough of the technical stuff.....how did I do? I really felt it in my hips and butt!! I am able to walk (but who knows about tomorrow!! LOL)

So far I'm happy with it - but like I said I've only been on it one time. We are going out of town on Friday so I'm probably going to do the Tread Climber instead of going to the gym. I"ll keep you posted on how it goes.
  • queenbea77
    Options
    I did 30 minutes on TC on Friday at 2.5 sp 1st level and it was a killer! I'm hoping to get on it tonight after dinner and make it a "regular" part of my workouts. My DH is on it in the mornings and if I do it in the morning I have to choose between that or my regular classes. What I need to do it have dinner ready in the crock pot so when I get home I can just do my workout and then eat dinner. DH & I both agree it was an excellent investment. My stats were about the same as they were the first time I used it as far as HR & calories. I did a full mile though so I was happy with the increase in distance. DH has used the machine every day and is ready to increase the speed and jump it up to level 2.
  • Siobhan_83
    Options
    I just got my TC5 the other day. I can't even stay on it 5 mins lol

I think it will definitely take some getting used to, since there is no motor, it feels a little shaky or something, the pedals that is, def not a smooth ride like with a motor, but it's def kicking my butt!
  • amandadbovee
    amandadbovee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got a treadclimber a few months ago. I have a hard time staying motivated to get on it and when I do wake up and get on it, I find myself struggling at 15 minutes. I am lowest resistance and typically stay at 2.0-2.5 mph and become extremely short of breath, which tells me I am rather out of shape. I am following this board to help find some motivation and maybe even some accountability. Our treadclimber is in the basement and no t.v. so my A.D.D gets the best of me and I get bored very easily. Going to hook up the t.v. downstairs and hopefully that will keep me going longer. Any tips on the best time of day for you to workout. I have the best success in the morning, but would like to hit the climber on evenings I don't wake up early enough to get on the climber for a workout.
  • queenbea77
    Options
    I get on ours occasionally - mostly on the weekends because I go to the gym for classes during the week and by time I get home I'm just too tired. My DH loves it though.

I do 2.0-2.5 and the first few minutes are sheer torture! After that I can stay on and I do about a half hour. The last time I did 30 minutes and burned 200 calories. Not a big burn (compared to spin or running) but my HR stays up high the whole time. We have a TV in the room and I also have an I-Pod so I can keep myself entertained.

I'm also an early exerciser, if I don't work out early I find too many excuses. Stick with it - hopefully once you get a TV to watch it will help pass the time.

Do you find that you have to hang on? I do and I know I probably shouldn't but it's a tricky piece of equipment and I'm afraid I'll fall off!