Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Protein

I am upping my protein intake substantially in order to help increase muscle mass and retention. I eat the usual, chicken and fish most nights and for lunch

what other foods are really packed with protein

I need to add some new things to my daily eating :)

Replies

• jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Hi Spullano,

There are a lot of non-meat sources of protein you can add as sides to your regular meat dishes to further boost the protein on your plate, i.e. beans, quinoa, lentils, nuts. Maybe add almond slivers to your rice, or have red beans and rice as a side to with your chicken. Instead of plain white rice, throw it in the skillet with a few scrambled eggs or just a couple of egg whites and give it a toss to cook through. Spinach and green beans as a side also add a nice punch of protein. Think about your meal as a whole so you don't get to focused on your meat item, that way you don't get bored. Pork loin crusted in pecans and brown sugar. Chicken breast stuffed with spinach and chopped almonds for crunch. Protein on protein on protein.

Do a search for vegan protein sources and you'll find some great side item ideas to go with your meal to keep it varied and tasty.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    beans and peanut butter are GREAT protein sources for sabatoging your macros...
  • I use greek yogurt as a substitue in anthing that calls for sour cream, mayo, etc. It takes the place of it and helps add a little extra protein to your meal. I also have almonds as snacks for added protein, but I don't have too many because they are so high in fat content. Eggs are also a great source of protein!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    It helps to have some high protein foods on hand for days you're not up to your goal. Having some unflavored whey powder and fresh frozen fruit on hand is good for making quick, yummy smoothies.

Whole Strawberries 3 cup (144g) (this is for fresh; adjust ice if using frozen)
    Whey Protein Isolate - Unflavored, 14.5 grams (Nature Best brand=1/2 scoop)
    Milk, Fat Free, 1 cup
    Dark Brown Sugar, 3 tsp (4 g)
    add ice and blend to desired consistency

Total: 330 calories 24 g protein