This is the year I change my life.....join me?

Options
For the past 4 years now, I have struggled with my weight. Up and down, up and down, up and down, ESPECIALLY UP! It makes me depressed, and hating myself, being angry and taking it out on others. I haven't even gained that much more (maybe 10-15 pounds on top of what i already wanted to lose) but I've noticed my clothes start to fit funny, and even my underwear begins to feel uncomfortable...just being in my own skin feels uncomfortable... I long to just be confident and not worry about my weight or food every second of the day. I want to be stronger, and more fit, healthier with more energy. My goal is to lose 30 pounds to get me down to my old weight. Right now I am vegetarian/gluten free (for health reasons). I eat pretty darn healthy, my problem is sometimes I tend to binge on really bad food like ice cream or chocolate. I'm constantly saying "tomorrow I'll start a clean slate" but then the next day I skip the gym and eat candy and the cycle repeats itself. I want to break that cycle and not feel like I have to stuff myself with chocolate to feel good. I would like to begin working out regularly. I want exercise to be more part of my life, something I enjoy rather than a chore. I can't wait for the warm weather so I can take advantage of the many bike paths in my area to run,bike, hike....

I'm also looking for some support. I have little support here at home. I would love some online weight loss buddies to support each other with our goals. I'm a really good cook, so I can come up with really good homemade recipes we can all try....If you are serious about your goals as I am with mine please feel free to add me! We are in this together! :O)

Replies

• brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm here for ya....feel free to friend me!
  • jenn0369
    jenn0369 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I feel very much the same way you do. This year has to be a change for me as I don't want to feel bad about myself when I walk down the aisle. I would love for us to support each other. Feel free to add me :)
  • victoriabfisher
    Options
    I am here for you too. I am going through the same as you but I am going to try to drinking a tall glass of water before I reach for a candy bar...I`ll let you know how it goes.
  • lois1585
    lois1585 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We are all in this together :)
  • Barbie_Q
    Barbie_Q Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new, let's do this!
  • pauladgoodman9
    pauladgoodman9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am determined more than ever to get this weight off! I am truly blessed to have a wonderful network of friends and family in my corner! Surround yourself with positive folks and tell the negative nellies to leave you alone!
  • thedaintyone
    thedaintyone Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thats a good idea maybe I will try that too!