Why can't we be friends?

Options
I really want to lose weight and I need you (desperately) to help me. Likewise, I will be there to support and motivate you. Let's be friends and help each other through this journey. I'm currently doing New Rules of Liftng (for women) but willing to try others' workout tips, exercises, etc. Come on! It's time we follow through our New Year's resolution #1! Won't you be my friend(s)? Pretty please with cherry on top? I know I sound desperate but that's only because I truly am:flowerforyou:

Replies

• little_schmidt
    little_schmidt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am upset no one has replied to your post !!! that never happens!!! I would love to be your friend. Love going to the gym. I've been on since november and i've already lost 13 pounds! wooo! so we should swap fitness tips and stuff! Feel free to add me!!!
  • JesterJoe
    Options
    I have been on my journey for a little over a year now. The daily challenges with food choices and exercise is constant. Maybe that is what we take away from this? As long as there are daily challenges, there are daily choices. Where there are choices, there is the potential for progress. When you no longer have the struggle, you have chosen to give up.

Feel free to join my journey, everyone, and we can share our struggles together.
  • rebeccadanell
    Options
    I will be your friend =) A little encouragement (on both ends) always helps!
  • be_me_671
    Options
    I am upset no one has replied to your post !!! that never happens!!! I would love to be your friend. Love going to the gym. I've been on since november and i've already lost 13 pounds! wooo! so we should swap fitness tips and stuff! Feel free to add me!!!

Yay!! Thank you so much. 13 pounds lost since November?! That is just amazing. What is your normal routine when you go to the gym? Do you lift weights or do cardio? Would love to know you secret :happy:
  • be_me_671
    Options
    I have been on my journey for a little over a year now. The daily challenges with food choices and exercise is constant. Maybe that is what we take away from this? As long as there are daily challenges, there are daily choices. Where there are choices, there is the potential for progress. When you no longer have the struggle, you have chosen to give up.

Feel free to join my journey, everyone, and we can share our struggles together.

I definitely agree with you. It's all about maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Just because you have reached your weight goal doesn't mean that you won't have challenges anymore. I do believe that if we keep up with our exercises and make healthy food choices, then the challenge becomes easier. Let's do this together!
  • be_me_671
    Options
    I will be your friend =) A little encouragement (on both ends) always helps!

Thank you. With encouragement and support from one another, I'm sure we'll see progress soon. I can't wait.:happy:
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    I'm not a great friend, but I'll be yours anyway. :)) I struggle with everything from diets in general, to calorie counting, to logging. So, friend at your own risk. :)
    :tongue:
  • mlima14
    mlima14 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm also lifting and find that helps out better with the weight loss no so much on the scale but my jeans fit better, and that's better than what any dumb old scale says. LOL!:wink:
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I like when encouragement is a two-way street. I just purchased "New Rules..." and will be diving into that shortly.
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Can't have too many friends, eh? :)
  • Gnaterlie
    Options
    Just a suggestion...you may want to add the info on your profile. I didn't fill mine out at first and I had no posts. Once I filled it out people became more responsive. I think it's a peek into your personality and the people that would mesh well would be more open to a FR.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You may have more luck if you fill out the about me sections on your profile so people can see whether they have similar goals and aspirations? An empty profile always screams 'I'm just trying this out but I'm not bothered enough to put the effort in' to me.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I really want to lose weight and I need you (desperately) to help me. Likewise, I will be there to support and motivate you. Let's be friends and help each other through this journey. I'm currently doing New Rules of Liftng (for women) but willing to try others' workout tips, exercises, etc. Come on! It's time we follow through our New Year's resolution #1! Won't you be my friend(s)? Pretty please with cherry on top? I know I sound desperate but that's only because I truly am:flowerforyou:

I'd be much more willing to give your post any consideration if there were anything ( anything at all ) in your profile page.
    In my experience often people who can't be bothered to even put basics in their profile, also can't be bothered with anything else that is important here on MFP.
    Good Luck !
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well....where's your pic?
  • asiantaye
    Options
    Congrats on the 13 pounds lost! Im here if you need any help or want to vent about your struggles. Trust me I have a few.:laugh: :smile:
  • be_me_671
    Options
    Hi April. Wow. Love your honesty. I like you already. I hope I can be of help to you too on your journey.
  • be_me_671
    Options
    Thanks. I did. I just didn't have enough time yesterday when I opened an account during my lunch at work. Great advice.
  • be_me_671
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well....where's your pic?

It will be coming soon. thank you.
  • be_me_671
    Options
    Just a suggestion...you may want to add the info on your profile. I didn't fill mine out at first and I had no posts. Once I filled it out people became more responsive. I think it's a peek into your personality and the people that would mesh well would be more open to a FR.

Thank you. I just did. I didn't have enough time yesterday when I opened my account because I did it during my lunch break. He..he..he. Thanks again.
  • be_me_671
    Options

I'd be much more willing to give your post any consideration if there were anything ( anything at all ) in your profile page.
    In my experience often people who can't be bothered to even put basics in their profile, also can't be bothered with anything else that is important here on MFP.
    Good Luck !

Wow. I hope I didn't put you off or left a bad impression. I meant to finish my profile yesterday but just didn't have enough time during work lunch yesterday. That said, I just added more info in my profile and will be adding more. Have a great day!