George Foreman grill... tips?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I finally ordered one... Tired of having to pan fry things. Any tip to make the most of it? What do you cook on it?

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I cook my frozen veggie sausages and burgers on it. I put it on low to warm tortillas. I make wraps and bagel sandwiches on it.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast Turkey Burgers and hamburgers so far....
  • jmartis21
    jmartis21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I will usually marinade chicken or fish and then put it on there. I watch to make sure I don't cook the chicken so much that it's too tough.
  • the_only_solution
    the_only_solution Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I hope you got the one with removable parts...omg so much easier to clean. lol. Cleans up best when hot either way. I dedicated a sponge to this use.
    Aside from that, you can cook anything in it (except eggs and dough)...use a cook spray with veggies (try zucchini quartered lengthwise-YUM) and seafood ( I only ever tried shrimp to be honest).
    It's easy and fast, you'll love it. :)
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    almost anything :)

zucchini or squash, potatoes - slice it a little thick maybe 1/2 and inch season and grill

pretty much any meat (ie: steak, chicken, pork, seafood) I wouldn't do ribs unless they were pre-cooked

I only use mine occassionally though I hate cleaning it and it takes up counter space if you leave it out so I always have to haul it out of the lower cabinet (i have a small kitchen)
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I hope you got the one with removable parts...omg so much easier to clean. lol. Cleans up best when hot either way. I dedicated a sponge to this use.
    Aside from that, you can cook anything in it (except eggs and dough)...use a cook spray with veggies (try zucchini quartered lengthwise-YUM) and seafood ( I only ever tried shrimp to be honest).

they make one with removeable parts????? where was I when this happened? :huh:
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yes I made sure to get one with removable parts! I expect that I'll use it a lot. We grill a lot in Summer but I miss grilled food in Winter.
  • melbishopok
    melbishopok Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I actually use mine every morning kinda like a panini press for my breakfast sandwich. I stuff a whole wheat pita with 1 hard boiled egg (sliced up) and 3 turkey lil smokies (each sliced in 1/2) with just a sprinkle of cheese. Spray both sides of the pita with olive oil spray and put on the grill for a min or two. It will get nice and crispy on the outside!
  • Francl27
    Options
    I actually use mine every morning kinda like a panini press for my breakfast sandwich. I stuff a whole wheat pita with 1 hard boiled egg (sliced up) and 3 turkey lil smokies (each sliced in 1/2) with just a sprinkle of cheese. Spray both sides of the pita with olive oil spray and put on the grill for a min or two. It will get nice and crispy on the outside!

Yes, starting to think I could just put the panini press away and put that on the counter instead!
  • melbishopok
    melbishopok Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mine stays on the counter -- I love it! We marinade shrimp and cook it on there as well.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options

Yum great idea

silly question but can you cook frozen food on grill too
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I love my Foreman. I usually cook meat on it. I have one at work that I use primarily for cooking chicken thighs. I spray a little olive oil (Misto so it's only 10 calories) on the grill and then toss on my frozen chicken thigh. Salt & pepper and 6 minutes or so and it's done! So good and it makes my lunches easy and super healthy.

Any meat cooks really well on the grill. Be careful with meats that should be med rare. If thawed, they cook super fast.

ETA: cannot seem to spell today.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yes, dumb questions... how long do you typically cook a chicken breast on it? And a 4oz burger?
  • 2014NewBodyNewMe
    2014NewBodyNewMe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I cook turkey burger before it is done I cook mushrooms with it taste so good, Love how it keeps all the fat away
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm ordering one here soon too!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with my foreman. I love the easy of cooking on it but hate how my house smells afterward....and I do find it a pain to clean.
  • 2014NewBodyNewMe
    2014NewBodyNewMe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I love mine with the removable parts clean up is a breeze:smile:
  • wdwmindy
    Options
    Yes, dumb questions... how long do you typically cook a chicken breast on it? And a 4oz burger?

I just cook those til the juices run clear then double check that they are done.

There is actually a handy dandy PDF chart out there on the internet with times and temps for different foods. http://www.georgeforemancooking.com/challenge/meals.aspx Hamburger 4-5 minutes. Chicken breast 9-11 minutes.
  • JamieBeth19
    JamieBeth19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love it but mine does not come apart so it is a pain in my butt to clean! That's the only reason I don't use it that often. I am a lazy cook!