Losing weight but feeling fatter?

Options
This is the weirdest thing ever since I started dieting I've lost six pounds. I no it's not much and don't expect to see a difference at this current time but I actually feel like I'm fatter! My stomach feels so big and cloths feel a little tighter? I don't no whats going on has anyone else expiranced this?

Replies

• BeccaT03
    Options
    It could be that you are building muscle under a layer of fat that hasn't been lost yet which makes you feel bulkier.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! I'm down almost 10 pounds but I feel much heavier
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Oh gawd! ME TOO! Feel bloated, puffy and clothes feel tighter! Really pizzes me off too! I feel like the more I exercise the more bloated I feel! Been doing this a while so pretty used to it. Still never gets easier. Ya''ll can believe its muscle if you want or PMS or whatever... I think its life cruel joke! Ha............
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You might be bloated from a change in your food. That happens to me from time to time. Your tummy is just full because its not used to digesting different foods. Plus if I lift weights or start exercising when I haven't for a while, my muscles swell and I'll even gain wait, but its just my body revolting to the change and holding water.

I gained 10 pounds of swollen legs after doing a half marathon I didn't train for. oops. My body was pissed!

Stick with it. It'll get better. You'll see the changes

... and TMI... but if you're constipated, buy an over the counter somethin to help you.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I didn't ever feel fatter, but ironically I LOOKED fatter when I started to lose weight. My belly was the slowest area to lose, but my hips, thighs, and waist lost more quickly. So the more weight I lost, the more my belly hung over my belt.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You might be bloated from a change in your food. That happens to me from time to time. Your tummy is just full because its not used to digesting different foods. Plus if I lift weights or start exercising when I haven't for a while, my muscles swell and I'll even gain wait, but its just my body revolting to the change and holding water.

I gained 10 pounds of swollen legs after doing a half marathon I didn't train for. oops. My body was pissed!

Stick with it. It'll get better. You'll see the changes

... and TMI... but if you're constipated, buy an over the counter somethin to help you.

Yup. Changes of food can certainly do a number on the bloat. I just switched mine up, trying to get more veggies and fiber. I look six months pregnant! Hoping things will calm down and trim down, else I'm going back to being a carnivore and saying heck with the roughage.
  • shelbel0803
    Options
    Ugh it's been AWFUL!
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I get that. Exercise pumps my muscles up something fierce, even when I was in top shape, so I usually wind up look puffy and bloated. Best you can do is exercise in the evening, so when you wake up in the morning it effect is gone.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Definitely understand. I felt that way after losing a 100 lbs. I knew intellectually I wasn't, but I still "felt" like it sometimes.

It came down to me paying far more attention to my naked body, being frustrated that I still had so much fet left, and a physiological phenomenon that has my fat feeling "watery" and loosing before a loss, which gives the appearance temporarily of things looking worse.