Weight loss/fitness Vision Board

Options
This sounds super dorky, but I found a great idea on Pinterest. (I'm an addict and it provides some serious motivation and inspiration). It's a goal or vision board. I'm a visual person and sometimes it is difficult for me to "see" what is ahead of me. I took some time the other day and created one. It has some great fitness quotes, a picture of me from a few years back when I was at my ideal weight, my goals ( 2 5K's this summer), a pounds count down, and 21 tabs to pull off...because it takes 21 days to create a habit. It's taped on my closet door so I must look at it every.single.day!

Replies

• jackie_moo
    jackie_moo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have also begun working on my visionboard. I bought a magnetic board to put in my attic (which is where i work out) and i plan on putting up my goals, my "reasons to workout", my NSVs, my decreasing measurements/weight... Well done on completing yours! :happy:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I ♥ this idea.... I found it on pinterest too but never created a board. I have an exercise room that I can put it in....just gotta get it created. I think mine will be a poster board and wipe board so I can change the small goals (as I REACH THEM) and the BOG goals will be on the poster board. Can you post a picture of your board? I'd love to see it.
  • AusEliza
    AusEliza Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think a vision board is great. I read about something like that in the book the Secret, if anyone else has read it you will know what I mean, but I think it is a great idea and I too am now inspired to make one.
  • lois1585
    lois1585 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I most certainly can. I will post it once I get home! Glad I've inspired you!
  • lois1585
    lois1585 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Picture will be posted in my profile! Hope it inspires you!
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have done this in the past and I love the idea! I have made 2 of them and it was actually fun to do. Seeing it every day keeps you in focus. I haven't made one concerning my weight loss, but now that you mentioned it......

Good luck to you!
  • bribrijean234
    bribrijean234 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Vision boards are a fantastic idea... I have one on my computer with images that inspire me and quotes about strength and working towards your goals. Love your idea of adding 21 tabs to pull off!