George Foreman grill... tips?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fit2Strip
    Fit2Strip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Does anyone think that there will ever be a George Zimmerman grill?
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Mine has been hidden away. My children, although they're both on the honour roll or deans list, seem to not have grasped the ability to clean it after they use it.

When they leave my home, I'll bring it out of hiding and make shish-kabobs on it again.
  • EmmiDahling
    EmmiDahling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    We cover our grill plates with aluminum foil and then the only cleanup is the drip pan.
  • kimby303
    kimby303 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Everyone always talks about how hard the Foreman is to clean, but I disagree. What I do is heat up the grill for 1min (provided you've allowed it to cool after cooking your food). Then, I wet a paper towel (squeeze out the excess water, but leave it "a little" wet) and wipe down the grates. Everything slides right off. After that, I wipe it down with a soapy dishcloth, rinse the cloth, and wipe it one last time. It takes me about a minute....far less time than it does to remove the grates, wash it in the sink and dry my other one with removable grates.
  • kimby303
    kimby303 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes, I cook frozen chicken breasts all the time.
  • the_only_solution
    the_only_solution Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes I made sure to get one with removable parts! I expect that I'll use it a lot. We grill a lot in Summer but I miss grilled food in Winter.

That's exactly why I started using one. :)
    For the people who hate to clean it...I hated mine until a coworker told me this:
    unplug it and then use a wet sponge on it...almost dripping wet but not quite, while it's still very
    hot. You will have to rinse and repeat a good bit, but it comes clean quite easily (it will leave a mess on the counter though so maybe put a paper towel down).
    I never tried it with foil, but I'm sure that helps! :)
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I will usually marinade chicken or fish and then put it on there. I watch to make sure I don't cook the chicken so much that it's too tough.

I think it works better to wrap the marinated meat in a foil packet and grill the meat inside the packet. You get to keep more of the marinade.
  • melbishopok
    melbishopok Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think it works better to wrap the marinated meat in a foil packet and grill the meat inside the packet. You get to keep more of the marinade.
    [/quote]

Never thought of that! I bet that really helps to keep the chicken moist - thanks for the great tip!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    So far chicken breast and hamburger were a success. It's so nice to have things ready in 5 minutes. Why did I wait so long? And a breeze to clean. I think I'm going to use it a lot!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Snowy day think I'm going to bust out the Forman and cook some frozen chicken breast.. pre cooking some meals for the week
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    We cook on it mostly during the winter when it's too cold to fire up the grill. We do steak, fish, chicken, pork . . . pretty much anything.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Figured I'd update as people have bumped this... I love it! Super easy to clean, we've used it pretty much every day so far.