HRMs

Options
Hi everyone. I want to buy a heart rate monitor soon but I'm not really sure what to get. I'd like something pretty accurate and not super expensive.

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    polar ft4. about 60$ on amazon. 85$ in your local store, i think. i've had mine for over a year. comfortable and reliable.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have a polar ft 4 too, I would recommend getting it off amazon, good prices and they have awesome return policy too. I like my ft4 but the first one they sent me was defective. Told amazon and returned it and then sent me a new one right away, they will pay shipping and everything. Hope you find what you are looking for :)
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my ft4. If you decide to get a brand other than polar make sure it has a chest strap.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the above.... I have owned the Polar FT7 and for the past 2 years have been using the FT60 model. The FT4 is also a good starter model.... Best of Luck
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I also have the Ft4, and paid about $60 for it on Amazon I believe. I love it.
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    polar ft4. about 60$ on amazon. 85$ in your local store, i think. i've had mine for over a year. comfortable and reliable.

Hubby got mine from amazon for my bday two years ago and I love it! I just replaced the battery two months ago! So worth it.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    You can go for Beurer or Omron models for a fairly cheap, and good, product.

I have a Beurer PM25, myself. It's been in use for about 2 years, lived through one battery change on the chest strap and requires very little work aside from wetting the contacts before setting off on my workout adventure, so it gives an accurate reading from the start... and not just from when I've started sweating.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am also a supporter of the polar series, and the ft4 model after doing allot of research, but keep in mind you can upgrade to the ft7 for like 5 bucks more on amazon.

I ordered a ft7 myself today, will be here friday :)
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to get the Polar FT4. It's not too fancy-fancy and perfect for my fitness goals.
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    One more thing for ft4 owners, is the chest strap comfortable? I tend to get very sweaty there... :indifferent:
  • metalchic72
    metalchic72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's very comfy. I don't even know its there and that was my biggest concern.
  • golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I got my FT4 yesterday and wore it to Bodypump at my gym tonight, couldn't even tell that I was wearing it cause it sits right under my bra! And I'm very happy about getting accuracy because MFP was overestimating by 100 calories on my burn!
  • raeganjayne15
    Options
    I love my FT4! The chest strap doesnt bother me at all, u barely know its there. The watch is a little bulky... and i only say that because I play netball and have to 'hide' it under my shirt.
    Im wanting to strart training for a 5k so im thinking of upgrading to something with a GPS, possibly the FT7