Now a normal bmi (with pics!)

Options
Pearsquared
Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
I started in March 2012.

I was one of those borderline cases. I almost had high blood pressure, and I almost had pre-diabetes. I managed to stave them both off with lots of walking and calorie counting.

I ate what I wanted, and just controlled portions.

I remember being so happy to just be overweight and no longer obese. Now, I'm excited to say that I'm no longer overweight.

Starting bmi: 34
Current bmi: 24.6

Starting weight: 180
Current weight: 130

50 lbs. means a lot when you're only 5'1''. (:

I still have a long ways to go in my fitness journey, but a major hurdle has been crossed. I hope you enjoy the pictures. I wish I had better "before" pictures, but I didn't even think how much I would appreciate comparing the two.

Before:

qZTIa03.jpg

3TC6W2E.jpg

After:

8TEwg9u.jpg?1

Dnsun0j.jpg?1

Replies

• phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! What a great transformation. Congrats!
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are looking fabulous!!!!

You earned it girlie! Also, I would've never guessed you were barely over 5'!
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look younger, happier & healthier. Way to go!
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You look so great! Wonderful job!
  • Pearsquared
    Options
    WOW! You are looking fabulous!!!!

You earned it girlie! Also, I would've never guessed you were barely over 5'!
    Hehe, I'm glad I look taller! Thank you for being a good MFP friend. :D

@phocid & leapsonbounds: Thank you! :D
  • DavidCHobby
    Options
    Wow. Wow, wow, wow.

I'm safely down into "overweight," and looking forward to hitting the "normal" category myself.

You. Look. Awesome.

Congrats.
  • rattleh3ad
    Options
    Congratulations, I bet you feel amazing
  • LisaInND
    LisaInND Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thank you so much for your pictures and inspiration. I, too, am just 5 feet tall. I started really working on my weight almost three months ago when I hit my all time high weight (even while I was pregnant) of 172 pounds. I was officially obese. Three months later I am down 16 pounds and now only overweight. My interim goal is 140 pounds, which is the high end of normal, and I hope to hit that sometime this summer. Thanks for showing the before and after. I hope to be able to post mine once I get there.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congratulations.
  • Pearsquared
    Options
    You look great! Thank you so much for your pictures and inspiration. I, too, am just 5 feet tall. I started really working on my weight almost three months ago when I hit my all time high weight (even while I was pregnant) of 172 pounds. I was officially obese. Three months later I am down 16 pounds and now only overweight. My interim goal is 140 pounds, which is the high end of normal, and I hope to hit that sometime this summer. Thanks for showing the before and after. I hope to be able to post mine once I get there.
    You're doing great! Shorty power! :D

Thank you to everyone who has posted! I really appreciate all the support you've given today and before by supporting others. :D
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great job!!!!
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You have made fantastic progress! Good for you!!! The payback is already great, isn't it? Think about the things you have very likely prevented: Kidney damage or even renal failure, retinopathy, neuropathy--especially in your feet -- way to get moving! Then there is heart disease and hypertension. I know I am forgetting some of the problems that come with that insulin-resistant state of health... or lack of health, I suppose. I am struggling but hope I can follow in your footsteps.

Love the progress! Its inspiring! Thank you for sharing.
  • jrfit79
    jrfit79 Posts: 30
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! That's an amazing accomplishment!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!!!
  • AliB118
    AliB118 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look so good, and SO much younger!
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic!!! Congrats!
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! I am currently in your shoes (bmi 34 and 50lbs to loose). Any advice you can share would be awesome! Feel free to add me. :)
  • gwenlindsay
    gwenlindsay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I believe you are already there. You look GREAT. Congrats
  • KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great work :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!