Protein Powder? Lactose Intolerance

Options
RhineDHP
RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for a non-dairy protein powder? As stated in the title, I am lactose intolerant. I literally know nothing about protein powder in general, only that the more common and popular ones have dairy.

Replies

• tiddles_yeah
    tiddles_yeah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am vegan so dont have any type of dairy/lactose food

I use protein powder many many times every day. I get pea protein isolate. Its the healthiest (basically no fat or carbs) vegan protein powder ive founds and is delicious! I mix it into other things too to make some delicious snacks! If you want ideas for these i have them on my food blog http://superallergyfood.blogspot.com.au/

I buy mine from bulknutrients.com as its the cheapest ive found so far, but still amazing quality.

I would not suggest buying it from a health food shop as its always about twice the price!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    vega (i think that's the name) makes a vegan protein powder. it's not bad for protein powder
  • RhineDHP
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies!
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Could have sworn that most whey proteins don't have enough lactose to bother people, but I might be wrong...
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I like HempPro 70 or Nutrasumma Pea Protein.
  • kdt8810
    kdt8810 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love Plant Fusion. No dairy. No soy.
  • RhineDHP
    Options
    Could have sworn that most whey proteins don't have enough lactose to bother people, but I might be wrong...

Well I mean, doesn't really have to be a big or small amount of something with lactose in it....since I don't have the lac operon to process it, yeah bad things happen.....haha..

Believe me I tried the normal protein powder courtesy of my friend, who got it from Costco. Yeah didn't turn out so well.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    OP, some of the whey protein powder have lactaid added to them. ON is one company which comes to mind. This might be an option as well. I'm a fan of egg protein powders and the Garden of Life products.
  • KCW37
    KCW37 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    if you get a 100% ISOLATE whey that wiill be the best best isolate is the purest form of whey protein and doesnt bother lactose intolerance
    ispoure is a brand name but you can go to any nutrition store and ask for 100 % whey isolate
    good luck girl
    i work in the supplement industry
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    there are many brands of vegan protein powders that are lactose-free
    i think egg or soy based protein powders are also lactose free

this site has tons of protein powders, listed by type. lots of non-dairy options:
    http://www.vitamart.ca/protein