Weight Fluctuations

Options
My weight is constantly fluctuating - it seems like for no reason sometimes! I follow a health diet, exercise at least 6 times a week, and only weigh myself in the mornings. But for instance, yesterday I was 124.6, and today 127.4. How is that possible?

Is there anything I can do to get off this roller coaster and start actually shedding the weight??!

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    My weight is constantly fluctuating - it seems like for no reason sometimes! I follow a health diet, exercise at least 6 times a week, and only weigh myself in the mornings. But for instance, yesterday I was 124.6, and today 127.4. How is that possible?

Is there anything I can do to get off this roller coaster and start actually shedding the weight??!
    It is what it is. I am up a pound, but my overall progress is going down, so I am ok with it. I don't see a pattern either.
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Track your sodium! It will mess with your weight so bad! I just posted a topic about this very thing today in food and nutrition. Give it a try you will be amazed. If you try to keep it 1500 and under it will help a lot :smile:
  • Determinedchica
    Determinedchica Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates as well. I notice that sometimes when I am stressed out (even though I may not even realize that I'm stressed until after the fact) my weight goes up as much as 5 lbs. Once the issue is resolved/ workout my weight will return to normal.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 3,500 calories yesterday then it is most likely water retention in your muscles and increased sodium. Like marnie said, you can track you sodium along with your fats, carbs, and protein.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    drink all you water. track your sodium. i'm in the same boat.