Breakfast - Cottage Cheese -_-

Options
Kriistabell
Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
I don't know why I did this to myself. I entered into my diary a high protein breakfast that was different from my usual. It was 2 strawberries cut up into a cup of cottage cheese mixed with a scoop of my isopure creamy vanilla protein powder and a trader joe's low carb tortilla :indifferent: . I got about 2 tablespoons of the mix in the tortilla which didn't taste too bad but the left over gunk that I shoveled down my throat tasted disgusting :noway: . But I couldnt turn back! This was an IIFYM fail! Usually I eat a cup of egg whites for breakfast which I enjoy but I am looking for new high protein low carb breakfast ideas. I would like to use up my fat free cottage cheese but I'm not sure what actually would taste alright with it. Any help would be appreciated!!! :wink:

Replies

• DanaLeo33
    DanaLeo33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with cinnamon, stevia and vanilla. You can also put a scoop into a protein shake in the blender.

Cottage cheese can also be used as a replacement for ricotta cheese...like in a low fat vegetable lasagna for example.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    blend together 1/2 cup oats, 4 egg whites, 1/4 cup dry cottage cheese and 1 tsp each honey, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon.

Makes one big yummy pancake!!
  • Kriistabell
    Options
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with cinnamon, stevia and vanilla. You can also put a scoop into a protein shake in the blender.

Cottage cheese can also be used as a replacement for ricotta cheese...like in a low fat vegetable lasagna for example.

Hmm I will definitely try it out. I saw a strange combo once.. Rice cake + tuna + cottage cheese. I'm going to try that too. I'm willing to try anything! lol Thanks!
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    blend together 1/2 cup oats, 4 egg whites, 1/4 cup dry cottage cheese and 1 tsp each honey, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon.

Makes one big yummy pancake!!

THANK YOU! This sounds like my lunch today! I need to catch up I slept in late! I don't know what dry cottage cheese is but maybe the regular kind will work? I hope?
  • gwenlindsay
    gwenlindsay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love Cottage Cheese on toast with cinnamon on top. This is a nice breakfast treat for me. ENJOY
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat it plain with pepper. It is pretty good on a rice cake. Sometimes I eat it with blueberries. I can not mix protein powder into any food. I think it is disgusting. I like it as a shake. Also, low fat cottage cheese isn't all that great. I like the low fat version better. I also don't really think of it as a sweet but more savory.
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I do the cinnamon/vanilla/stevia thing too, but what I'll do instead sometimes is chop up an apple, top it with stevia/cinnamon/vanilla, microwave it for about 2 minutes until it's soft, then let it cool and put it with the cottage cheese. It takes out some of that cheesy weirdness and you're still getting the sweetness - protein & fiber filled breakfast.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Just the fruit leave out the protein powder - I love cottage cheese with fruit
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, some cacao or cocoa powder, some peanut butter or coconut butter and yummmmmmyyyyy--talk about a protein filled, super filling and yummy Reeces Cup kinda tasting breakfast. That will start the day of with a BOOM--like eating candy for breakfast, only much healthier.
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    Cottage cheese and honey cheerios is one of my favourite breakfast meals. You could also add peanut butter which is yummy too!
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I would still eat the cottage cheese with fruit, but just have the protein powder as a shake with water or milk. Personally, I like greek yogurt with fruit...and cottage cheese with salsa.
  • nikita1908
    nikita1908 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I eat low-fat cottage cheese with crushed pineapples almost every night before bed. Love it!
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Cottage cheese + smoked mackerel + horseradish + lemon juice = delicious mackerel pate! :love:
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    brown bread
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Just the fruit leave out the protein powder - I love cottage cheese with fruit

Yes, I've tried putting protein powder in too, it's not good. Add some dry oats and honey to your strawberries and cottage cheese, very nice :)

If you're feeling lazy and you've got the macros adding oats and Nutella is lovely.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese only works in savoury dishes for me, so yep, tuna is nice mixed in, or just a chopped hardboiled egg and some parsley and chive, is amazing on ryvita crackers and makes for a high protein, low cal lunch! Or do a tzaziki version with grated (and wrung out) cucumber and garlic, season with pepper and salt, add herbs to your taste ... I have tried it in pancakes as well but that didn't really do it for me either, so I am sticking with savoury.
  • Housetroll
    Housetroll Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Try mixing your cottage cheese with some salsa to taste. I will have this for a snack a lot of times when I want something spicy. YUM!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    How about this:
    Cottage Cheese + Fruite
    CCheese with Surgar or splenda
    CCheese with some veggies ( pepper, cucummber, tommatoes, )
  • tattedlady75
    tattedlady75 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I usually mix a tablespoon of sugar free raspberry or blackberry jam/jelly in with mine. I can't stand it plain it tastes too salty to me and I get a lower sodium version