Weight Loss Goals?

Options
What are people hoping to lose in lbs? Obviously everyone has different goals and I just wondered what people realistically aim to loose in what time frame?

:)

Replies

• jadetigereyes
    jadetigereyes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 10 lb of fat and tone up by this October (in time for my friend's wedding in Aruba). I set my goal at losing 0.5 lb per week, which is quite attainable for 10 months. If I want to be more aggressive and lose the weight by June, I'd target losing 1.5 lb per month.

How about you?
  • Tansyp91
    Options
    Haven't got a goal so much as 'I have to get to this weight' its more 'I want to look like this' if that makes sense haha.

Obviously though to look how I want to I have to loose the weight. I signed up to a gym and have been trying (but sometimes failing) to eat healthy and have lost 3lbs in 2 weeks. I felt dis hearted when I weighed myself but then started thinking that considering I haven't been eating like a rabbit that's not that bad.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a "weight" goal either I just want to love what I see in the mirror when I am naked...

I don't have a time frame really just gonna do this (eat at a deficet and weights/HIIT) until I get there then move to maintenance and consider doing a bulk then a cut...
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have several minigoals:

1. to my lightest weight in over a decade, 239lbs (24lbs)
    2. down to 220 to qualify for heart transplant surgery. (43lbs)
    3. down to 204 to weigh less than I did when I was 5'5" @ 12 years old. (60lbs)
    4. down to 199 to be under 200. (64lbs)
    5. 185 is roughly my goal weight (78lbs)
    6. If I manage to get to 182.5lbs, I would have lost 50% of my body weight from my peak.

I'm hoping to lose 1-2lbs a week.
  • Tansyp91
    Options
    Thanks guys...I guess 3lbs in two weeks isn't that bad!
  • studentgirly
    studentgirly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I want to loose 10lbs by mid march. I think that is doable!
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i would love to lose 32lbs by november,
    for the last 2 years i have had the same goal, hit my ideal weight by november (my birthday) 2012 i was in great shape getting ready to hit my goal for the first time ever i wasn't going to be overweight, but then a load of family stuff happened and my weight loss stalled, so this time last year i made the same goal, but family stuff was still happening and i wasn't in any fit state to be dealing with everything, so after 18 months of maintaining my weight and after getting all the family stuff sorted, i'm now back on track
    hopefully this will be the year i do it :smile:
  • arwenmakin
    arwenmakin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I want to have reached my target by 4th May (119lbs) - I'm doing a half marathon then and I want to race it rather than run round steady and armed with excuses. I can't get back to the speed I was running this time last year (sub 7.30 minute miles) whilst I'm carrying the weight that I am. I'm really angry at myself for having let it go - so back on MFP with avengence! Running to work and back most days instead of cycling means I'm upping my mileage to get there. Just wish I'd got the self control to not have moments of food weakness.

Also wish I'd remember that last time I did this I got heavier first due to the muscle.... its been slow going since 1st Jan :-(
  • arwenmakin
    arwenmakin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    should add - good luck to everyone with their goals, and I'm not sure how friends work really on here but if anyone wants to add me I'm good at encouraging others, just not listening to myself! I could do with additional motivation!
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    My weight goal is to get down to 110-115 lbs (I'm 122 right now and while it doesn't sound like much on my frame it is). I want to lean out a lot more and gain more muscle mass. I'm going to be training for several races this year -- a duathlon in May and I'm going to do a half marathon in October. There are a few other 5k's, 10k's and a 1/4 marathon that I'm thinking of doing as well -- so (hopefully) that will help me reach my lean goal. When the weather warms up I'm going to continue biking since I will have built up a base with the du training.

As much as I hate training for things I've come to realize that it's something I have to do if I want to reach my goals. It will force me to exercise even when I don't want to.
  • smiletime82
    Options
    My main goal is to lose 64 pounds. SInce it is a large amount, I don't really have an exact time frame, just as soon as I can. Since I am that much overweight, I hope to lose at least 2 pounds a week at first, then 1 a week after I get going. I find that if I don't lose a large amount at first, I get discouraged, but once I get started, I'm OK.
  • otillie03103
    otillie03103 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I want to lose at least 100 lbs. 115 ideally.
  • momonmission90
    momonmission90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i wannna loose 30 lbs till june
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 68 pounds so that I can be at the top end of a healthy BMI. To me health is the primary concern and aiming for a good BMI seemed like the most logical way to obtain my goal weight.

68 pounds is a lot and I have no real time frame I want to lose it. I'm just starting my second week of being on myfitnesspal today so its been mostly me trying to adjust how much I eat and learning how many calories are in everything.

Currently my goal is 1 pound a week but atm I am not exercising at all and everything for me has been about adjusting my diet so I don't go over net calories. I ordered a heart rate monitor and plan to incorporate exercise into my routine and hopefully up it eventually to 2 pounds a week.

After I reach a healthy BMI, I'm not sure what my goal will be, to be honest I probably won't have one. After I reach a healthy BMI though I kinda want to start up T25 or P90X3 to see if I can get toned. That is a long way off though. A huge reason I can't do it now is because of a bad knee but I'm hoping as I become healthier my knee will eventually become less of a hindrance to the types of exercises I can do.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Have the below in quotes saved from a few years back - helpful for those who have their expectations set a bit too high. Just because MFP allows you to pick up to 2 pounds per week and the standard seems to be 1-2 pounds per week, as with most things in life, one size does not fit all and there are more specific guidelines depending on your personal stats.
    Here is a great guideline for setting weekly weight loss goals:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.