Has anyone lost weight without

Options
2»

Replies

• Brokencrown
    Brokencrown Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think exercise of course is still better for your overall health-your heart, your circulation, and especially toning up the flabby skin!! I tried Jillian Michaels, Sugarpop, and HIIT workouts and just about died-lol!! I was not quite ready for that. I am now addicted to Leslie Sansone Walk of the Pounds. I just pull them up on YouTube. Started with one mile, now am on 3 miles. She also has walking workouts w/weights and resistance bands so you can mix it up a bit. Once I lose a bit more, I will try the more advanced stuff.
  • baohearn
    baohearn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can just kcals in kcals out. I exercise more than I ever have in my life and the scale barely budges. When I was in high school I did Weigh Watchers, 65 pounds and I pretty much walked to school and home no strenuous exercise. I am now 40 years old with a thyroid problem and the pounds came back on after many years of me keeping them off. Good luck.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Most of my loss was through changing what i ate and how much of it. I did a little bit of planned exercise at first but it moved about the same rate.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but you don't get to eat much food and that sucks
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Since when is walking not exercise?
  • 120goal1969
    Options
    I am glad i joined today and read this. I have MS and cann ot get out and work out. I only can do short short walks and to hear that i can still lose the weight i need to it so inspiring. Thank you
  • darkangelz
    Options
    My problem is that I work night shift 4 nights a week and average 3-4 hours sleep a day the bulk of that being very short naps throughout the day, I just don't have the energy to do any form of exercise! on my days off I still have no energy and spend most of my time trying to make up for lost sleep, its pretty much been this way for the last 6 years... I eat healthy (I think) but haven't lost any weight just by calorie deficit
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Not in my experience. I ran for years thinking it would make me lose weight without dieting. It didn't. Wasn't until I dropped my calories to 1200 a day that the weight started to fall off. Exercise will help you maintain your ideal weight but it won't get you there all by itself.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with exercise?

Do you have a mitigating medical problem or are you saying 'can I lose weight without really trying very hard'?
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I decided to walk instead of getting the bus to college. It's technically commuting but I can count it as exercise because it's a 40 min walk. So it's not really exercising but still burns calories.

dont kid yourself, a 40 minute walk is exercise
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Yes, but you have to eat less. Who wants that?

Especially if you aren't very tall, your actual calorie demand isn't much when you're idle, and once you set a deficit you have to eat like a mouse. I always go over target on days I don't exercise.

Move more. It's fun. And you get to eat more. Win-win!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your focus is...if you only want to be "thin" then no...exercise is not necessary. If you want to be "healthy" exercise becomes an equal partner.

When I first started my weight loss that was my primary focus. I exercised to aid my weight loss. As the weight dropped my "moving" became easier. I enjoyed being able to "move".

Now each hold an equal importance to me...one aiding the other. At the end my goal is to be healthy..."thin" will be nice but "thin and healthy" will be so much better.

I love how I can be in control of both...being able to make those choices.

That is just me however...we each have to set our own goals...based on what we need and on what we think that we can accomplish...me...I want both.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I work night shift 4 nights a week and average 3-4 hours sleep a day the bulk of that being very short naps throughout the day, I just don't have the energy to do any form of exercise! on my days off I still have no energy and spend most of my time trying to make up for lost sleep, its pretty much been this way for the last 6 years... I eat healthy (I think) but haven't lost any weight just by calorie deficit

In that case you're unlikely to be in deficit.

fwiw improving your fitness will help with the tiredness and lack of energy.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Yes but I look a lot better when I do.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Yes. I don't exercise daily. I move around a lot in the evening while doing things like cleaning, cooking, taking care of kids, etc., but I don't do any actual exercise routines.

However, I struggle with this because I know I'd feel much better if I got my muscles going a bit more. I'm not currently overweight, but I feel flabby because my muscles are so underworked.

My favorite form of exercise is yoga. I really need to get with it.
  • darkangelz
    Options
    Does anyone else have any input into this?
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I did at first. I think it's very possible to lose weight just with diet. I don't really exercise even now to lose weight as much as I do for other benefits...like heart and just feeling better. But I have noticed that when I do exercise more, I lose more quickly.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have any input into this?

It is the same when you asked a couple of months ago...

Calorie deficit=weight loss
    Exercise=fitness

If you are not losing weight, there is a miscalculation somewhere along the line.