Hey gang

Options
Thought I'd take the plunge and introduce myself here. I've struggled with my weight all my life, and tried many a gimmick to try to lose the weight. Recently, I had an epiphany that all these gimmicky efforts (atkins, hiring a nutritionist, others) were my attempts to have some external force driving my change, so that I wouldn't have to change the way I am. But the truth is that whatever changes you make, they have to start within you. No one else can make them for you. So here I am, starting my own change. Wish me luck.

Patrick

Replies

• gbnypat
    gbnypat Posts: 6
    Options
    Thought I'd take the plunge and introduce myself here. I've struggled with my weight all my life, and tried many a gimmick to try to lose the weight. Recently, I had an epiphany that all these gimmicky efforts (atkins, hiring a nutritionist, others) were my attempts to have some external force driving my change, so that I wouldn't have to change the way I am. But the truth is that whatever changes you make, they have to start within you. No one else can make them for you. So here I am, starting my own change. Wish me luck.

Patrick
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    welcome.gif
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    welcome patrick!!!

so glad you're here buddy!!!

best of luck to you and I think this time you'll be able to do it! we all will!!!

hugs!
    ali
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    sounds like you've already made the biggest step. :smile: good luck and welcome!
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    WELCOME :flowerforyou: You've come to the right place. Just make sure you track everything, I was amazed to find out how much I was actually eating. Good luck.
  • sengseng74
    sengseng74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey, Patrick! You are absolutely right--you must make up your own mind before being able to commit to something with your heart. And as others have said, it sounds like you've made that all-important step! Good luck!! :smile:
  • aprilsmith1979
    Options
    You can do it... one day at a time.. I struggle almost every min of the day except when I am sleeping.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!:flowerforyou: WELCOME!
    So glad to have you join us!!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Great outlook and you have come to the right place with the right people. Welcome to the family!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Well said - so true!! That's the biggest hurdle and from there it's just a numbers game. Welcome!
  • cbooker
    cbooker Posts: 18
    Options
    GOOD LUCK BUDDY,

WELCOME TO THE SITE.

I'M NEW AS WELL, SO WE WILL GO THROUGH THIS TOGETHER.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Hi Patrick!

One of my favorite quotes ever:

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't.
    It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    -James Gordon, MD

Sounds like you are ready to change! I know I was and sure enough, I'm on the road to losing weight and being so much healthier. Good luck to you and welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Patrick,

You will be successful! :wink:
    You don't need luck!!! :huh:
    ...just an extra 10 minutes a day to log your foods in advance of eating them.

Plan :smile: eat well :drinker: exercise :tongue: and your wish is granted....poof!!

~Namaste :flowerforyou: (From the MFP genie :laugh: )
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. :drinker:
  • SC74
    SC74 Posts: 33
    Options
    As they say, "Join the club!" Good luck!