Plant-Based, Whole Foods(Engine 2, Forks Over Knives)

Options
Hi. I'm 4 days into what I am hoping to be a lifelong change. I am eating a plant-based, whole foods diet. I am looking for others on MFP who are doing the same. Not just "vegetarians" or "vegans", but people who are commiting to a true plant-based, whole foods diet. as taught in Forks Over Knives and Engine 2. I'd love to swap recipes, ideas, challenges and experiences. Please add me!

Thank you!

Replies

• LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I eat plant based as well.. feel free to add me!
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    There are groups which are likely to be less judemental of your choices than what you'll find on the general forums. You may finds these more supportive.
  • 72MonteCarla
    72MonteCarla Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    There are groups which are likely to be less judemental of your choices than what you'll find on the general forums. You may finds these more supportive.

Thanks, Johnny. I know about the forums, but really wanted to have some regular "pals" in my feed who are doing the same. :smile:
  • 72MonteCarla
    Options

Thanks, Johnny. I know about the forums, but really wanted to have some regular "pals" in my feed who are doing the same. :smile:

I meant to say I know about the groups. Thanks!
  • AZKat527
    AZKat527 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm on 2 weeks of FOK and I am loving it. Feel free to add me if ou'd like.
  • patrickkelly69
    Options

Tell me about it !!!!!

Good on you Carla !!!!! Positive mind hug to you ................
  • 72MonteCarla
    Options
    I'm on 2 weeks of FOK and I am loving it. Feel free to add me if ou'd like.

Thanks! I sent you a request.
  • 72MonteCarla
    Options

Tell me about it !!!!!

Good on you Carla !!!!! Positive mind hug to you ................

Thank you, Patrick! (Great Celtic name, by the way :-) )

I haven't really run into too many judgemental people on MFP. It seems that not everyone has been so lucky. Feel free to add me. I will encourage you on your way to your goal, I won't judge!!!
  • Lecterman
    Lecterman Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Exactly. This thread will mostly turn into a troll feed lot
  • 72MonteCarla
    Options

Exactly. This thread will mostly turn into a troll feed lot

So far I've gained 2 pals who are living whole foods plant-based lives, and no naysayers. If people want to "troll", let them. Clearly their lives are so empty and broken that they NEED to pass their time being critical of others. How sad for them. I will hold onto hope that I will GAIN from posting this thread. All I want is some other WFPB pals on my regular home feed. :smile:
  • 72MonteCarla
    Options
    I am on day 18 of my plant-based, whole food journey. Feel free to read about my experiences thus far: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/72MonteCarla/view/02-25-2013-blog-1-day-18-of-living-a-plant-based-whole-foods-life-495873
  • IvoryChopSticks
    IvoryChopSticks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to follow you. Please add me to your group. I also saw Marilu Henner talk about almost the same principles which she has followed for about 17 years. She's 61 years old and looks fabulous. Haven't decided to buy her book. Look up her 10 min interview with Dr. Oz and she changed her life because both of her parents died prematurally due to health issues when she was young. Day 2 today and no dairy, sugar, meats and flour. Keep up the good work. I'm rooting for you!
  • monikariney
    monikariney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi--

This is the beginning of my first full day of FOK. I've seen the movie a couple times and have received their newsletter. Yesterday I saw photos of a man who'd had a heart attack at 44 and decided to change his life. The difference was astounding. I have been toying around with making a change for about three years now. I began last night.

Do you think it is necessary to buy the Engine 2 book? Why or why not?