Did you finish c25k in the 9 weeks?

Options
Because I'm having a hell of a time with week 1. I keep having to repeat days, over and over, because I'm so out of shape. Its very frustrating...

Did you finish one day- on to the next- on to the next, just like that?

Replies

• aharburger
    aharburger Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did that for the first 5 or 6 weeks because i was doing the program to get in shape for my first 5k, which was after week 7 i believe. After I ran the 5k I decided to start back at week 5 and repeat days from here on out since I'm not trying to meet a deadline.

My advice is to repeat days a few times if you feel you need it but don't be afraid to move yourself up. You might be pleasantly surprised. I know I was SHOCKED when i could run 5 minutes straight with no break, and it turned out i wasn't even out of breath.

I think the key is always *slow down*. It really does help a ton. Good luck!
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would try moving on to the next week and seeing how you do. I didn't finish in 9 weeks, but for me that was mostly because I wasn't always able to run three days a week (running for me requires getting home while its light enough and having my husband available to watch the kids) so I'd stretch out too far between parts of the program and repeat sections.

When I was doing it more regularly and I had trouble with a section, I'd move on to the next step and if I really couldn't do it at all then the next time I'd go back and do an earlier workout.

Good luck.