Lost 185 Pounds! Need motviation?

Options
...I always wanted to motivate other people, but in the past I wasn't sure what my venture was...Now I've figured it out.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

I used to look in the mirror & be completely embarrassed of what I always seen. I was tired of being a man, upset about how over-weight I was. . I knew it was time to make a change. I didn't think I could do it . . Only 16 Months ago!

I never had anyone to cheer me on going through the loosing weight process, but I'm so glad I stuck to my guns and continued on! My life feels so much more healthier, I can be the best father I can be n keep up now! It's a great feeling - -But one thing didn't change - - My ego, I'm still the same old guy I used to be, but with 100% more confidence. Being overweight all your life can be changed with the correct willpower!!

BUT NOW...

I can keep up with my kids, I can wear size Med not 3X,4X. I'm extremely proud of myself to leave the weight behind. If you ever get discouraged, think about your goals - especially when your exercising n get out your frustration in your workout. . I'm a very calm man (Being a father of 3 little girls,I have to be!) but Exercising always seemed to be my outlet.

This is a great lifestyle change . . . Take a look at my pictures, the difference. . Don't ever give up! When you think you're gaining it, you're most likely not. .

Never GIVE UP! :)

I wish you all the best!

PS...I never used a scale for the first six months .....don't become discouraged...:)

change.png
change2.jpg.jpg
change3.jpg.png
change3.png

Replies

• rebornat45
    rebornat45 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    !Wow! -- Simply amazing, thank you for sharing.
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thank you for such an inspiring story. You look great and the motivation you had to have had to lose 185 pounds must have been incredible. I will definitely remember you when the journey gets difficult. Thank you!
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're inspiring!
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Look at you hottie! Amazing job, thank you for the motivation and encouragement. I "only" have 25.6 pounds to go to meet my goal weight, but it seems so far away! Stories like yours help immensely! Jaime :smile:
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    ...I always wanted to motivate other people, but in the past I wasn't sure what my venture was...Now I've figured it out.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

I used to look in the mirror & be completely embarrassed of what I always seen. I was tired of being a man, upset about how over-weight I was. . I knew it was time to make a change. I didn't think I could do it . . Only 16 Months ago!

I never had anyone to cheer me on going through the loosing weight process, but I'm so glad I stuck to my guns and continued on! My life feels so much more healthier, I can be the best father I can be n keep up now! It's a great feeling - -But one thing didn't change - - My ego, I'm still the same old guy I used to be, but with 100% more confidence. Being overweight all your life can be changed with the correct willpower!!

BUT NOW...

I can keep up with my kids, I can wear size Med not 3X,4X. I'm extremely proud of myself to leave the weight behind. If you ever get discouraged, think about your goals - especially when your exercising n get out your frustration in your workout. . I'm a very calm man (Being a father of 3 little girls,I have to be!) but Exercising always seemed to be my outlet.

This is a great lifestyle change . . . Take a look at my pictures, the difference. . Don't ever give up! When you think you're gaining it, you're most likely not. .

Never GIVE UP! :)

I wish you all the best!

PS...I never used a scale for the first six months .....don't become discouraged...:)

change.png
    change2.jpg.jpg
    change3.jpg.png
    change3.png

GREAT!!! :drinker:
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself a motivator! Thank you for sharing.
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    great story, you look awesome!! :)
  • lhak1989
    lhak1989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You looks SO good. Congrats :)
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look 10 years younger as well!
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Amazing results, its reading stories like this that helped me get back on track.

I fell off the wagon at Christmas but am finally back on it and have been counting calories and logging for 4 days now.

No excuses any more - I am hopeful :smile:

Congratulations to you on your success x
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Man much respect for making a lifestyle change!!!!
  • SarahLynne22
    SarahLynne22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and great job.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's awesome. Thanks for posting. I am going to forward this to my brother because you do a great job of being motivational :)
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You're a huge motivation and your transformation is absolutely impressive. And you're right: Never ever give up, never! Kudos to you for becoming a healthy and fit Dad, I bet your girls love all that extra energy you now have!

tumblr_m1rkzpHj1n1r6aoq4o1_500_zps2c091f68.gif
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow!! GReat story, thanks for the motivation, I need it!!! You look amazing!
  • princess_tallulah
    Options
    Wow, that is inspiring. Well done and thanks for sharing.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Thanks for sharing! Great job :)
  • klb0809
    klb0809 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So encouraging and you look awesome
  • DezSheMeetHerGoals
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed to read today. Thanks a bunch!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!