Hi from sunny Brisbane!

Options
I found out about myfitnesspal through my iphone and have loved it ever since. I've been going to the gym for awhile but have never gotten that into it, i just seem to remain at the same weight so i've decided that i want to put proper effort into it to actually lose weight. I read on here about the couch25k program and am looking forward to starting it next week so i was just wondering if anyone has any stories or advice about using the couch25k program? I'm not overweight exactly more just have some love handles and some kilos i'd love to shed. So i'm wondering what you teamed with the couch25k program besides healthy eating, i want lean muscles so i was thinking of doing things like yoga and pilates 3-4 times a week but was wondering when i go to the gym to do the couch25k do you do anymore cardio afterwards or just the running and then you're done for that day? As well is the running three days a week the only cardio you need to do or on the off days do you need to do other cardio exercises? Looking forward to everyone's input and very excited to be on the beginning of this journey :)

Replies

• MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Hi and welcome from sunny Perth :happy:

I'm not specifically using the C25K app but I use Adidas micoach instead (it has more training programs just 5k). I run 3 - 4 times a week but I also swim 1 - 2 times and see a Personal Trainer 2x a week for strength training. I've also just started mtb-ing (loving it!) and need to start road riding regularly soon. I'm planning on doing a couple of short course triathlons this season.

I've also been thinking about doing pilates or body balance and Ashtanga yoga.
  • laurzishot
    Options
    Wow you're very dedicated! I want to be able to exercise that much myself, you're inspiring :)
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome, from dreary and overcast Sydney!

I found MFP on my iPhone too! Got to love it! :smile:
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi from not so sunny Melbourne :laugh:

This site is great, I love it!! Everyone is so helpful and it is great to keep me motivated.
  • jnthwaite
    Options
    Hi there fellow Brisbanite.

This site has been really helpful and the people are so motivational, it's just great. I've had Uni and now I'm sick, so I've been slacking off a bit. This site is really awesome though, and it's nice to see another Brisbanite around. :)
  • the_other_kitkat
    Options
    I'm in my last week of C25k. It's really a great program. I was a total non-runner when I started. Before C25k I was lifting weights M-W-F and walking a lot. For a while that, and paying attention to what I eat, was enough for me to lose weight. Eventually I stalled and I realized that I needed to step up my cardio. Since I can only walk so much I decided to try running. I now run for 30min. first thing in the morning, T-Th-S, in addition to the lifting and walking I was doing before. I've also just joined MFP to better track my calories. So far it's working and the number on my scale is going down again.

That's an example of what's been working for me. Experiment a little, and you'll figure out what will work for you. Good luck!
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Wow you're very dedicated! I want to be able to exercise that much myself, you're inspiring :)