Anyone else trying to lose 20 lbs or less?

Options
Soufre
Soufre Posts: 236 Member
I have 18 to go and it sucks. To me, it's such a small amount of weight so I keep putting it off. I have this weird mindset thinking that I can drop it whenever I want all in like the course of a month... which is totally not true. It's just hard to get motivated when you think it's THAT easy and not that much weight. Does anyone else have this issue?

Feel free to add me. I think having a support group of people with similar goals will keep us all in check!

Replies

• virginialsteele
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 15 pounds by the middle of April! I feel like losing 15 pounds is going to be such a challenge! I've began "clean eating" and doing insanity! The hardest part about making a lifestyle change so far is actually getting started! I'm only 5 days in but determined to stick with it!!! Good luck to you in your weight loss journey!! Get up and get motivated!!!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    30 pounds here, but i created a group for motivation..

the sooner you start. the sooner you see results.. come on lets do this!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18785-motivation-support-and-accountability
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i started with a 20 lb goal and it was hard to get motivated and keep motivated as it came off so slowly for me! I am glad i stuck with it though. i hit my goal and am maintaining now. It did take 2 years though!
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have about 15 to lose so I'm taking it slow
  • rttara
    rttara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose about 18lbs as well. Been having trouble getting on track since I gave myself a free pass to eat whatever I wanted (Which is about 5 of the 18 pounds I want to lose). I have lost it before but am having trouble fitting in exercise now and can't seem to lose by diet alone. Hoping having a support system on this site will help me stick to my diet.
  • noratas
    noratas Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 15 lbs. It doesn't sound like much but on a small frame 15 lbs. can look like more. Also, I'm in my forties so the weight doesn't come off so fast! This is my third time, I've lost as much as 25 in the past but I love food and I have a hard time keeping slim.
  • amilemon
    amilemon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Trying for about 15. I'm 33, short with a very small frame. Fifteen pounds overweight looks big on me, especially on the waistline. If anyone would like to add me to their support group, I'm back on the wagon and ready to get there by April!
  • sara_alexandra
    sara_alexandra Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I'm trying to lose 15-20 lbs. I'm 5'4", small frame and currently 145 lbs. The last 10-20 are very difficult. Just keep tracking everything. Even if you know you're going to go over. It will make a huge difference, and eventually get you to goal.

Sara
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 20 lbs as well. I'm approaching 50 in a 1.5 years and terrified that I won't lose weight !! I'm hitting the gym hard and this food tracker is definitely helping me stay on target and keeping me focused. I just started on this past Sunday (Jan 5) and won't weigh myself unti this Sunday (once a week)...
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    the last 15 are the very hardest to lose, sometimes taking over a year.

Lots of people think the end is easy but it's exactly the opposite.

The best thing you can do is start a training program in the weights room, combine with steady state low impact cardio and a slight deficit. Build up your body while lowering your weight, so that when you do reach goal weight, you're not jsut a sack of empty skin ;)

:flowerforyou: good luck!!!
  • NJMomEsq
    Options
    I want to lose around 20 pounds and 15 by April. I am trying to do 5 lbs a month. I have never really dieted before so I don't know if this is achievable since I am only working out about 20-25 minutes a day and just trying to eat healthier. My plan is to do the 30 day shred, then Ripped in 30 and then 6 Week Six Pack. Time will Tell. Good luck all!
  • eroddy84
    eroddy84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose about 18-20lbs...Motivation and encouragement very welcome and will be happy to do the same for others...Feel free to add me :-)
  • ajdii
    ajdii Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am also looking to lose 16-20 pounds...hopefully for ever =) you can add me and we can motivate each other ;-)
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to loose 15. Maybe twenty. Three down since last Sunday, when I weighed 162, yesterday I weighed 159. But I know thats probably all water. So for changes I should probably shoot for 18 pounds
  • reesepeecie
    Options
    I have this issue! I joined this like last year and haven't really gotten on it until the last few days. I am really going to try this time! I want to lose like 20 lbs but I would be happy at first with like 10-15, just anything! But really 20 so we sound like we are in the same boat! :D we can do it!
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    As of last Thursday I wanted to lose 18 or so lbs. Not sure what I weigh, but will weigh in tomorrow ( hopefully lol ). So I have 15-16 ( estimated ) to lose as of today.

I don't think I have that much more to lose but I know what you mean. I've been craving some of my old foods but I keep telling myself no. I will have them another time. I've been craving this really good vegetable pizza I get at this place that is around where I live.

I will add you and anyone else ( doesn't matter how much you need/want to lose ) can feel free to add me.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 15 pounds by the middle of April! I feel like losing 15 pounds is going to be such a challenge! I've began "clean eating" and doing insanity! The hardest part about making a lifestyle change so far is actually getting started! I'm only 5 days in but determined to stick with it!!! Good luck to you in your weight loss journey!! Get up and get motivated!!!

You can do it :)

I have a goal too by Easter ( which is April 20th ). I would be happy with 15 lbs by then and I think it is possible, but a challenge.
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    10-15 lbs. by April 1st is my goal! I just have to get my head in the game!
  • MissLakeTime
    MissLakeTime Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 CW: 144 - 1st goal: I want to be a toned 125lbs. by end of May/Memorial Weekend, please feel free to add me. I do appreciate friends that have their diary settings where they can be viewed by friends. I think it is good to see what others are eating and doing for exercise. For me knowing that my diary is open it helps me be more accountable for what I am eating. Again, please feel free to add me.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    10 more pounds and I'm at my goal!